Warnings

"Where the hell am I

"Where the hell am I..." Latte was but more than confused. He remembered passing out in the pomefiore bathroom and now he was lying down in the infirmary with a flushed face. It was mostly empty, except for...oh no.

Sitting beside him was Vil and Rook. They were both asleep and by looking outside, Latte figured that it was past 9pm max. He didn't know whether or not he should wake them up, the two were probably worried sick so maybe he should let them rest. Latte relaxed in the bed, trying to think about why he passed out. Was it dehydration? Stress? Or was it a side effect?

A yawn made the teen jump and he turned to see his two seniors waking up.

"Latte?" It was Vil. He watched as Vil sat up straight while rubbing his eye. "Are you doing alright?"

Latte nodded slowly. It was dark inside the infirmary with only the moonlight to illuminate the room, a cold breeze entered the room which made him shiver.

"Did I miss anything?"

"You just woke up and this is the first thing you ask?" Vil sighed, his hand massaging his temples. "No, you didn't miss anything at all."

"What about my–"

"Club activities?" Rook cut him off. Latte didn't even realise that he was awake. "Worry not, River wasn't bothered about your absence. In fact he was the one to find you."

As Rook said that, he and Vil made a face as if mentioning River was a horrible or forbidden thing to do. Did everyone seriously have bad blood with River?

"Really?? I should probably thank him then...this is like, the second time he helped me haha..."

Tense silence. Latte gulped, playing with the hem of the blanket. "So...What do you guys think of River?"

Vil blinked, maybe a bit shocked from the question. He crossed his arms with a neutral expression. "What do you mean by that?"

"Well- I mean– You guys don't seem to like him that much?? In fact, it's like everyone in Pomefiore kinda ignores him?? It's a bit weird, that's all." He rambled.

The two glanced at each other, probably wondering if they should reveal whatever problem they have with River with him. Vil sighed when he turned back to look at Latte.

"River isn't as good as you think he is, ok? I don't know how long you've been hanging out with him but you should stop before you get dragged into something."

Latte furrowed his brows. "What do you mean by that? Did he do something or?"

"Listen Latte, it's a long story and frankly, if you're that curious, you should ask him yourself."

Latte wanted to try to find a way to pry out some sort of information from the two but judging by their expressions, they probably won't budge. So in defeat, he decided to let it go until he sees River. The three continued to chat for a short while, talking about things such as their hometown and life outside school.