Study Group

Latte grumbled, crumbling the piece of paper he was writing on

Latte grumbled, crumbling the piece of paper he was writing on. He was trying to memorise the ingredients for two potions, an invisibility potion and an illuison potion, But for some reason, he couldn't retain a single thing in his head. He buried his head into his arms, banging it against his desk.

Turning it to the side, Latte's eyes widened, seeing a clean handkerchief. How could he forget? But in all honesty, he really didn't want to see Riddle at all. The red-haired student was absolutely terrifying in his opinion. He was able to beat the old heartslabyul dorm leader in the first week of being at NRC and was ridiculously powerful. Who wouldn't be terrified of him?

A small ring made Latte grab his phone, seeing a text from Kalim. Him and Jamil were in the library. Latte stretched his back, deciding to tag along. It was better to study in a group than all alone anyways.

After organising all his things and stuffing his bag with notebooks. Latte headed out of his room.

"And where are you going?" It was Vil, the older student looked at him like a mother being suspicious that her son was sneaking out.

"I'm going to the library? Why??"

"It's nothing." Vil's posture relaxed. "Since the mid-term exams are coming up, I was just worried that you weren't studying."

Latte gave him an awkward smile. "You don't need to worry about me. I'm not a little kid."

Vil was about to say something else but stopped himself. It confused him, Vil was always the type to say whatever was on his mind, no matter how blunt or rude it was. Latte chose to ignore it.

Once he found himself in the library, he was greeted with the sight of Kalim being scolded by Jamil for not paying attention. Over the past few days since Kalim's arrival, Latte felt like the days have been getting brighter. Maybe it was because Alaric stopped talking to him all together, because he was completely ignoring him or it was because of Kalim himself.

Latte felt a sense of peace while talking with him. Sure he felt that way with most of his friends but with Kalim, Latte didn't feel that sense of suspicion like he did with the twins and Azul, he didn't feel like he needed to be extremely competitive like with Ruggie or Jamil, and most of all, he just enjoyed listening to him talk.

"Latte! You're here!" Kalim exclaimed, waving him over to their table.

"We're in a library, Kalim. Don't shout." Jamil sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose.

Latte took a seat in front of them, setting his bag to the empty seat next to him. "So what are you two revising? I'm trying to memorise how to make the invisibility potion and the illusion one."

"Kalim and I were trying to revise certain dates for the history exam but unfortunately–" Jamil shot a quick glance at Kalim who avoided his gaze. "A certain someone kept getting distracted."