Une fete with new clothes

Latte didn't know what to expect when he entered his room

Latte didn't know what to expect when he entered his room. After his chat with Azul, he really wanted to relax. So imagine his surprise when he was greeted with a bunch of...flower petals? To his face.

He blinked, now noticing that Vil and Rook were the ones to throw the petals at him. A smile appeared on his face as a chuckle escaped his lips.

"So...Confetti wasn't an available option?"

Vil scoffed. "Of course not, it'd be too much of a pain to clean up afterwards."

Latte took a seat on his bed. "Alright, so what are you guys planning?"

"This Saturday-" Vil started. "We'll be going out."

"Wait what? Is that even allowed?"

"Of course it is Latte. We aren't bound to the school you know."

"Well, what do you think?" Rook asked.

"Sounds like a plan!"

𖥸┈┈┈𖥸┈┈┈𖥸┈┈┈𖥸

Latte couldn't stop smiling for the whole week. He was beyond excited to say the least. Swinging his feet underneath every table and imagining what they'd do on Saturday. What are they gonna eat? Where are they going to eat? Is there an arcade they could go to? So many questions...

At the moment, he was in the cafeteria eating with Jamil. While eating, he could see Jamil pick at his food awkwardly.

"You okay?"

Jamil sighed, setting his fork down. "There's been some rumours that we'll be getting a new student in Scarabia."

"Oh? But isn't that a good thing?"

"I don't...know. I've got a bad feeling about it though."

Latte propped his head up with one of his hands. "Well worrying about it won't help. Is there anything that might help you take your mind off it?"

Jamil shook his head. "I'm sure it's nothing to worry about."

"If you say so."

Once they finished, they headed straight to class. They were enveloped in a comfortable silence until Jamil spoke.

"So...what's up with you lately?"

"Huh?"

He shrugged. "You're smiling a lot more than usual. It's not like you and kind of weird.."

"Well that was a bit rude." Latte muttered before talking Jamil's ear off about his future hangout with Vil and Rook, making grand gestures to show just how excited he was.

He didn't really get why he was this excited but he could only guess that it was because it would be his first time celebrating something like this. Latte didn't really remember hanging out with friends outside of school so this was a bit new to him.