Aster

Latte stared in awe at the figure in front of him

Latte stared in awe at the figure in front of him. The other being towering over him with gleaming green eyes, observing him. Latte didn't need to even ask who this person was, his powerful aura was enough to know that the person in front of him was none other than the Diasomnia dorm leader.

the Malleus Draconia.

He gulped, moving slightly to the side so there could be more space between them. Latte avoided looking directly at him, but Malleus' gaze stayed on him. The tall student looked to be very deep in thought and closed his eyes slowly.

'Should I leave?...' Latte thought, awkwardly shuffling on his spot.

"Are you out for a walk as well?"

Well...that was a bit of a surprise. He genuinely thought that Malleus was gonna scold him like Leona or Alaric but instead, he talked to him calmly.

"Um...yeah. I guess you are too?"

Malleus chuckled softly. "Why yes, I am." He placed his hand on his chin. "I'm personally very fond of this area, it's quite peaceful here."

Latte nodded. He really didn't expect this guy to be as nice as he was.

"though i'm surprised that a student from pomefiore would stay up so late. I'm sure your dorm leader would be upset if he finds out"

"Yeah well, he doesn't really like me anyways."

Malleus' eyebrows rise, a shocked expression on his face. "Is that so?"

Latte hummed. "But it's not too much of a problem."

"Right."

Silence enveloppes them once again. Latte looked up at the sky tiredly, were the stars always that shiny? Wait...

'there are so many fireflies here now'

"Well, this was quite a nice conversation." Malleus stated while preparing to leave.

"ah wait!" Latte exclaimed. "You're Malleus Draconia right?"

His green eyes narrowed slightly. "Oh?"

Realising that he might accidentally offend the older student, Latte quickly cleared his throat. "I've...heard about you. You were the one who caused diasomnia to win the magishift tournament last year."

Malleus crossed his arms. "That is correct. Why do you ask?"

'An opportunity! this is an opportunity!' Latte thought. Malleus, judging from what he's heard and what Jamil told him, was considered to be the most powerful student in NRC. And if he's the most powerful, then he might even be the most knowledgeable.

With a deep breath, Latte opened his mouth.

"Can I ask you for something?"

Malleus glared at him. "Excuse me?"