Yo

I looked up at Ming. It had taken alot out of me to let down my walls and express my feelings to Ming. It was well within his power on how he wanted to use it.

I sorely missed my best friend, colleague, whomever Ming is turning out to be and I knew Tak loved him as much too.

"Yo.. are we friends? Or are we more?"

I looked at Ming, confused on where he was going with this.

"What...what do you mean Ming?"

"What do you want us to be, Yo? Friends? As before? Or..."

I knew what he meant. I knew I adored Ming alot, I didn't feel odd when he kissed me, I knew I would want him in my life for permanence, but was I ready to take that extra step?

I wasn't sure. Pha had scarred me alot and even though Ming and Pha are 2 different people, the fear was still there. I realized I had kept quiet for way too long.

"Let's just be friends first ok? What you had with Pha... was beautiful and maybe it can't be replaced or you just need time to realise that we are different people. I'm willing to wait for you. But please. Always be with me ok? No matter how angry I make you or vice versa, let's make a promise not to be away from each other?"

I nodded my head earnestly at Ming. He smiled and leaned in to me, asking for permission for 1 kiss. I nodded and he kissed me gently on my forehead. I asked Ming to stay over but he disageed, saying he will be back tomorrow for breakfast. I nodded, seeing him out.

The next day, Ming came to pick me up for work. Before that, we saw Tak go off to school. Tak was so thrilled to see Ming again, he completely ignored me during breakfast, soaking in the vibes with Ming. I just smiled to myself and prepped breakfast with my nanny who quietly called me out on how I looked much more cheerier and how happy Tak seemed too.

I shushed her, not to let Ming hear and she laughed at me. I turned around only to see Ming standing at the kitchen's entrance, smiling away cheekily. I almost threw a carrot at him before he ran away!

Once Tak had gone off to school, Ming and I made our way to work. I was still particular that we drew clear lines at work so we took our own cars, arrived and left separately. It became our new routine, where Ming would spend his time with us pre and post work, then head home.

We would sometimes head out during the weekdays with Tak post school. Weekends were with Pha so I didn't interfere in that. Ming used the opportunity during the weekends to start asking me out.

We started doing stuff we used to enjoy, like going for games, anime showcases, shopping and romance movies (primarily my favorite, he slept through all of them!) But it was just nice to spend time with him and we reconnected again.

One weekend, we were just at home, chilling and watching TV when there was a knock on the door. I was stumped over whom it could be as I hardly got visitors and Ming was already here.

I opened the door only to be faced with a crying Tak, an equally distraught Pha and some luggage with him. What the heck was going on?!?!

"Baby! Tak, what happened?!"

Ming heard my voice and ran out to us at the hall. I was stunned. But Ming just took Tak and pushed me to invite Pha in. I nodded and did just that.

Ming took Tak away, to pacify and soothe him in the hall. Pha came in and stood in the hallway awkwardly.

"What's happening?"

"We ended things. I couldn't take it with her. She was just driving me crazy with her jealousy and stupid ideas and craziness. I left the house. I... I ended things with her Yo. I know I did wrong. But.. can we be together? At least for Tak?"

I stared at him baffled. Completely. What the fuck. And before I could even register and process it, my mouth just flew open with the words.

"Hell no."

Pha was stumped. I mean, so was I. I didn't expect to just shoot him down instantly.

But I looked at him again and this time I was very certain as I said

"Hell no."