Yo

I got out of my house at 7am sharp the following day and Ming was there already. Tak was sleeping in and had play dates arranged so it was just me and Ming. I saw him holding onto the frapps, hot chocolate and crossiants.

"Tak isn't joining us today. He's got plans."

"Owh. Then I pass the hot choc to my manager then."

I chuckled lowly thinking of her reaction when she gets the kiddy packaged hot chocolate. We drove off and Ming attempted to make conversation with me.

"What time do you end work today?"

"8pm. Why?"

"Erm. I'm going to pick up my car at 5 after my shoot. But I was thinking if you wanted to do dinner if you have no plans."

I looked at him and went back to my driving. Should I? Should I not? Was it wise being friendly with him again? Only I know how devastated I was when Ming fell out with me. I sighed softly and looked at him.

"Thanks for the offer. But no. I think its best we just remain as colleagues."

"Colleagues can eat together too."

"They can and they can choose not to. I choose not to."

"Why do you keep shutting me out? I know what I did was wrong but I am trying here. I just want us to at least have a conversation or be at least friendly. Can't you give me a chance?"

I kept quiet. Anger was bubbling in me but I bit down on my words. We reached the workplace and I looked at Ming.

"Only I know how devastated I was when you chose to fall out with me just because Pha chose me. My best friend of 10 years chose to walk away from our friendship jsut because we fell for the same guy and he couldn't be happy for me that I was picked. You know what is the funniest part? If Pha had picked you, yes I would be sad that my love failed but happy that yours succeeded. But you couldn't be the same way for me and now you tell me you are trying and why I can't give you a chance?! This is why. Because I went crazy when I lost you once. And if I lose you again, I don't know what will happen. So I rather not have you in my life again."

I switched off the engine and got out. Ming got out too but I saw the stricken look on his face. He had completely blown it and he could tell. I saw the regret, sadness and something else all at once on his face.

"Yo..."

"Don't bother Ming. Please. I'm glad your car is ok. And even if it isn't, after this, just make your way home. I'm not giving you another ride. And do not even think of using Tak as an excuse to talk to me or him."

"Yo.. look. Please don't...."

"We are colleagues at work. I'm your make up artist. That's all. Keep it that way."

With that, I just went off before I lost my head at Ming again.

7 years ago, he hurt me with his words. 7 years later, fucker hasn't learnt his lesson.