Crushed

"WHAT HAPPENED!? BACK AWAY FROM HIM!"

"I...we went to go check on Tad, and...and the axe..."

"Oh man, that wound is deeeeep..."

"You leave for 20 minutes and... Kelly, you know how to ride Nachos right?"

"Y-yeah..."

"Take Marco to the hospital. I'm going to get Eclipsa. I don't know any healing magic off the top of my head, but she might. If she doesn't, he needs to be at that hospital. This is serious."

"I-I don't know where the hospital IS!"

"Janna, go with her, you know where it is. Kelly, scissors please."

"S-sure...Star, I-"

"You can explain what happened later. Right now, we save our best friend. Go."

As Star enters the portal back to Mewni, Kelly and Janna hastily carry Marco to Nachos, Janna keeping a hold of him as Kelly drives. Nachos looks up at the two worriedly, but Kelly is too hyperfocused to notice. 

The evening sky has darkened since they had first arrived at the party, and now a cool breeze blows through the streets of Echo Creek, the cold air harshened by the dragoncycle speeding past cars towards Echo Creek's hospital.

After a couple minutes, they arrive right at the doors, Kelly rushing to keep them open while Janna carries Marco in behind her. Medical staff are perplexed by the sudden barging in, but their expressions change to a sense of urgency as they realize the issue at hand. Doctors rushing back and forth to get Marco into a room, while Kelly stands by completely unsure of what to do. She simply follows along once they find him a room until they close the door on her so they can begin their work. Kelly and Janna sent back to the lobby.

Is he going to be okay? Please tell me he's going to be okay. This is all my fault, we had to go check on Tad. But if we hadn't, then...Tad would have died...why couldn't both of them just be perfectly fine!?

Kelly's leg begins shaking nervously as she starts to worry about the worst possible outcomes, her hands folded together tightening their grip on each other.

Janna looks to Kelly, then places a hand on her shoulder. "Hey, Kelly, I know it looks bad, but...it's Marco we're talking about. I mean, he's broken several bones in his body in the past year alone. One time he had his broken arm replaced with a monster arm. THAT was an interesting experience. But he always pulls through, good as new. He'll be fine, alright?"

Kelly looks back to her, then nods lightly. This settles her fears a little bit, but her body is still shaking nervously.

After a few moments, a portal opens in the lobby, and Star hops through, looking annoyed and worried. Kelly perks up.

"Apparently, Eclipsa can't remember any of the healing spells, Lekmet was always the one to heal anyone that got hurt, and he's... anyway, with the book gone and with none of us knowing healing spells that will work without any...risks, we're doing this the hard way. Is...is Marco checked in?"

The two nod, and Star sighs with a hint of release as she sits next to Kelly.

"So. Mind telling me what happened?"

Kelly takes a deep breath. "Well, we went to go check on Tad because when I called him to invite him to the party, something felt off."

"Why were you calling Tad? I thought you blocked him."

"I did, but...after a while the guilt was killing me, so I brought myself to talk to him and we ended up back on...better terms. But that's not the point. He was acting weird, and eventually he stopped answering his phone. So Marco and I went to go check on him. But...he wasn't there."