Chapter 13

I look up at the blue sky above me, enjoying the warmth that touches my skin. I sit here from quite some time, waiting for someone to notice I'm gone and stuck high up in a tree. But somehow, I enjoy it, no stress, no work, no fighting, and no magic. I listen to the birds sing. Suddenly, I hear footsteps going near me. "Why, hello there," I hear a man's voice chuckling. I look down. "Hello, Noah," I reply as I smile at the brunette. "Could you help me out?" I piont at the fallen ladder beneath the tree. Noah walks to the ladder and places it in the right position so I can climb down. "You seem to enjoy yourself today." "Why not? It's a beautiful day, isn't it?"I reply. "What brings you here?" "I told you I would later come back for Damian." "Oh, I forgot." I and Noah walk back inside the house.

I walk upstairs and see that Dai still isn't awake. Noah is downstairs searching for Damian. Ever since I tried to give him cookies as a thank you, he's been ignoring me. It's annoying that it hurts me. I take a cookie out of the basket. A soft growl comes from Dai as he sits up. He gives me an annoyed look. We just silently stare at each other. "Cookie?"
"Sure."
I hand Dai one of the cookies in the basket. "I thought it was for Damian?"Dai remarks. "He didn't want them. It's a shame to throw them away," I answer. "Yeah, a shame indeed."

In the sunlight, Dai looks more handsome than I've ever seen him before, but I ignore my thoughts. "I guess I should tell the others you're awake," I say and stand up. Dai's hand grabs mine and pushes me back in my seat. "Don't go, not yet," he mumbles. A blush spreads on my cheeks.

His hand is so soft...

I look at him in the eye, and a wave of comfort rushes over me. "Okay..." I smile nervously. I expect Dai to drop my hand, but he doesn't. We just sit in silent holding hands like it's a normal thing. I quite like it...

It's already evening, and I am making myself ready to go to bed. I hear arguing downstairs but decide to try to ignore it. I know it's Damian and Botan, but I shouldn't interferne, after all. It's not like I'm a part of the family. I close my eyes and fall into a dreamless sleep...

I take the katana and wait in the parc, where Botan said I had to train. But Damian had to show up 15 minutes ago, and he's still nowhere to be seen, and I don't hear anything. So he isn't invincible he just isn't here. I sigh deeply, bored that he isn't on time. Suddenly a hand covers my mouth and drags me on the ground. I swing my feet in every possible direction. I scream out the top of my lungs. "Jesus Christ, be quiet!"I hear an unfamiliar voice say. I stub my foot in my attackers chest, and he immediately falls down, coughing on the ground. I stand up fast.

Wait, I know this guy!

I look at the hero who accused me and cussed at me for being a villain minion when I visited Kallan. His silver hair hangs elegantly over his face. "What the hell were you doing?!" I shout. The hero stands up, and his eyes glare at me sadistically. "I didn't want you to scream, so I held my hand for your mouth!"he yells back. "Why?" "'Why?' Are you seriously going to ask why?" He hisses. "Yes."

I look at Amory, waiting for an answer. "Fine, I need to give this to you." He takes out a letter and hands it to me. "From who?" "I don't know! Read it and you know you can't expect me to know everything!" I growl in annoyance and open the letter. But before my eyes scan the letter, I stare at Amory.

Why is he still here?

"What?" He asks as he notices me glaring. "Can't you leave?"I ask. "I could, but I won't. Read it, "he answers. I open the letter. The handwriting is beautiful and well curved, but I can't read it. It's like an old book from the medieval times. And besides... it's adreseed to Botan. I take the letter and put it in my pocket. "Why are you giving this to me? It's clearly for the Tanaki family," I tell him. "You're their minion, this is your job."
I smile at him. "Well, I will deliver this to the Tanaki family. Now you've completed your quest. Shoo shoo, "I say as I make a gesture with my hand. The male growls underneath his breath but then grins. "This won't be the last to you hear from, I promise you that."Don't make promises you can't keep!" I reply as he flies away, but he can't hear me anyway. I'm going to leave in less than a month, so I don't know if I'm going to see him. I hope not...

The silence surrounds me yet again when Damian is too late for half an hour. I can't help but think of the letter. I get it back out of my pocket and try to read it once again. I can't make nothing out of it except: 'Botan' 'war' and... 'Zyrian'.

"Zyrian..."The name rolls of my tongue. "I hope they will be alright when I'm gone." "Gone?' Where are you going?" I turn around startled for see Noah. "Where is Damian?" I ask instead of answering his question. "Oh, that... Damain asked me to train you. Sorry I came late, but work wasn't very mercifully today, "he says with an embarrassing smile.

So my thoughts were true: Damian is avoiding me...

I can't help but be disappointed at his behavior and that just for cookies... I shouldn't have gone for so much trouble for him. "He's an asshole," I mumble silently.

I begin to train with Noah to try to distract myself.

Not knowing someone was watching me...