Hiding 15

CJs pov

It had been six weeks since I said goodbye to Kate and Pietro, and I was still in hiding. you may be wondering, Why am I in hiding? Didn't the dark eternals vanish? well yes you would be right the dark eternals are gone as I sucked up their powers.

I am really hiding from the Avengers, I don't want them to experiment on me or trapped me in a cell because I'm 'too powerful'.

I had changed my appearance and dyed my hair a natural looking strawberry blonde and I started to wear green contacts in my eyes so I wouldn't look the same.

I had stared to wear heavier makeup rather than just mascara, I also wore more 'girly' clothes like crop-tops, skirts, and dresses.

I even changed my name Jane Wilson, got a new Drivers license, ID, and Passport just incase.

I kept going on patrol around the area my small cheap apartment was and I would meet up with Kate, and Peter once every fortnight as to not raise suspicion about Galaxy Ghost disappearing, except now I wore a hood to hide the change in hair colour.

I woke up refreshed which hasn't happened for awhile and I opened my phone and realised I was late for my shift, I had gotten a job at small coffee shop on the corner.

I quickly got dressed into black denim shorts and a black and white hankerchief top, I was in a rush so I forgot to put on my makeup and contacts.

My outfit showed the scar across my thigh I got last week, but I didn't think it would matter considering only Kate and Peter knew about it.

I arrived for my shift and apologised to my manager, Henry, grabbed some gloves and started on the dishes.

It had been about 5 minutes, and I heard a phone ring "Jane can you come cover up front I have to take this," I heard Sandy yell out from the cash register.

"Yep coming," I said as I took off my gloves and walked up as she walked past me answering her phone.

I panicked a little when a saw a familiar handsome blond, "Uh- W- what can I get you" I asked nervously. as I saw the avengers all sitting in the corner, with Kate and Peter.

He looked at me and paused, "Candi?" he asked me confused his Sokovian accent thick when he spoke. "I'm Jane, Idk any Candi's" I said back, but he could recognise me a mile away.

He looked back at the avengers who weren't taking notice, before speaking again. "Don't lie to me, I can feel the power coming from you, and your breaking the table." he pointed to the bench I was leaning on as he finished speaking.

My eyes widened as I grabbed his hand looking around to make sure no one could see before going invisible and speeding us to the alley out side.

"Hey, you can't say anything, to anyone." I blurted out quickly. "They can't know I'm alive." I finished slower than before.

"Why not?" he asked confused, "I don't want to be locked up, or experimented on, I just want to live" I said stressed.

"They won't lock you up." He stated "but they will" I said in a determined tone.

"Look I'm not going anywhere, and I want them to still think I'm gone, so will you please keep this a secret." I begged.

"Fine, I will, But you are very easily recognised" He said his accent strong in the moment.

"Yeah, I was in a rush this morning." I said shyly, as I took out my phone and my contacts and using my phone as a mirror to put my green contacts in.

I then grabbed some simple make up to change my jawline and nose shape, I also put on fake eyelashes to make them look longer and different to my natural ones. (I don't do make-up so I don't really know what I'm saying)

Once I was finished I look at Pietro, he looked shocked at how I did almost nothing and look completely different.

"Wow, okay forget what I said" He said laughing a little as I joined him before we were interrupted.

"Pietro, Were are you." We heard Clint yell out as he neared the alley we were in.

"I have to go." I said before kissing him on the cheek. He turned as we heard Clint again but as he turned back to me I had already gone.

"Hey, There you are, were going back to the Tower, What are you doing?" Clint asked confused on why he was in an alley.

"I needed some air." Pietro spoke softly, as I watched the two men walk out to the street and into a very expensive looking Limo, Pietro looked out the window to where I was standing before they drove off.

827 words