Chapter 24 Dear Diary

Start from the beginning

            Matty was nervous knowing this conversation was inevitable,"Chance calm down don't be mad at me, I had no idea what happened, I was just a little kid. My sisters obviously didn't tell me the truth about what happened.I thought the three campers all got lost, and that was why the boat came for us. Carry never told me that she buried her diary. The Captain changed my name, when he adopted me. I have never met or heard of Megel or Maria Lopez before two days ago."
     Chance paced thinking,"I don't know what to believe anymore, is this yet another test, or have you been lying to me this entire time?"
     Matty shook his fist,"I can't control what anyone thinks or does except myself. The Captain has sent relatives to this island, to plant seeds of doubt.Kyle was a plant as well, to a point. I never wanted to be here, Chance I had no choice just like the rest of you didn't."
     Chance was fearful of the boy's loyalty,"all that I want is to hold my son and wife in my arms.My best chance of doing that is to trust that you have my best interest at heart.I don't trust you Matty, or anyone else for that matter. Like prison I will serve my time, surviving until I'm released."
     Chance walked away feeling broken and defeated.
     Matty whispered to the tree,"I hope you're happy Carry,I just lost my best and only friend."

            Tye didn't have the internet or tv to entertain him, but with Kevin and Ronny, there was never a dull moment.
     Kevin argued his point,"I'm telling you Ronny Perry, my foot is larger than your foot, which means that, so is my baby maker."
    Ronny pointed in his friends face,"you're an idiot to say that Kevin Warren, we wear the same size shoe."
     Kevin looked at their friend,"my shoe is half an inch bigger than his shoe is, it only makes sense, that my trouser snake is too.Isn't that right Tye?"
    Tye was being stared at by his two friends,"I don't think you're reasoning is scientific, for instance I have very small feet for my age, and I am in the normal range. Males can continue growing until age twenty four."
     Ronny was in his friends face,"your dreaming Kevin, you best wake up.My one eyed snake is clearly larger, than your nightcrawler."
     Kevin was nose to nose with his rival,"there's a tape measure in the tool box, I'm not afraid to show you up Ronny."
     Ronny fumed,"no way I'm a grower not a shower, I'm not working myself up, just to be cut by a metal tape measure."
     Kevin looked down at his zipper,"then there's no way to prove that I have a Python, while you have an earthworm."
     Tye rolled his eyes, oh no he didn't, here we go again.

            Amy was having a heated debate,"there's no way Lizy, that your breasts are bigger than mine are."
     Lizy pointed at her chest,"my girls are bigger than yours are Amy."
     Page intervened,"we all know that, I have the largest breasts on the island."
     Julie was amused,"we all wear the same size bra 36C,it stands to reason that our breasts are the same size."
     Amy's hands cupped her breasts,"I'm thirty six inches around, but my boobs are way too snug."
     Lizy tugged on the bra she wore,"Amy Linch I'm wearing your bra right now, it's supposed to fit snug, otherwise it would be a cup size less."
        The girls continued to argue with no clear victor in sight.The three guys heard them whispering in a huddle.
     Ronny just getting there was curious,"so what are the girls fighting about?"
     Tye still listened to the drama,"the girls are arguing about who has the largest breasts."
    Ronny shrugged his shoulders,"no contest there,Page is clearly the winner."
     Kevin arched his brow,"are you blind? Julie has the biggest ones."
     Tye shook his head,"this morning you argued about who had the largest junk, now you're arguing about who has the largest breasts. The girls are attractive and different, it's their personalities that make them stand out."
     Ronny patted his naive friend on the back,"Tye you poor thing, no one explained the birds and the bees to you yet. The largest bee is the queen, she bosses all the other bees around, which is clearly Amy. Amy's breasts are as big as her bossy mouth,she's the queen. While guys are the birds, our females judge us by our large or small beaks."
     Kevin laughed,"Ronny you idiot, everyone knows that girls are the birds.The father sits on the eggs all day, while the mother brings home food to feed him. Guys are bees going from one flower to the next, never committing to a single garden."
     Tye strained his ears, he preferred hearing about boobs, over two half wits about to argue, about a no sense explanation of their take on female anatomy.

           Matty hid in the jungle writing in his journal. Today Chance got mad at me, for the first time.One of the girls dug up my sister Carry's diary, it was read allowed after dinner. I hope that I convinced Chance, that I knew nothing about it. I don't know why Carry lied but she did. I was only seven years old, but I remember my first time at camp. My sisters Rochelle and Carry were the instigators not Megel and Maria. It was just after a storm knocked out the cameras and speakers,my sister's got into an argument with the Lopez siblings. Rochelle slit Megel's throat, while Carry did the same to Maria.I was told with a knife at my throat, that if I ever told anyone, the same thing would happen to me and whoever I told.I had to lie to my friend Chance.
     Matty put the cap on the pen, putting it inside the diary. The boy put the journal back into the hole.

            Shawna sat on the beach watching the others swimming, her thoughts went back to her adopted cousin Carry's diary. Shawna wondered why her cousin lied?Her uncle Ricardo never had children of his own, let alone two of them.
     Kyle sat upon the sand next to his girlfriend,"you should go for a swim Shawna, it's so relaxing."
     Shawna yawned,"maybe later I'm tired from the walk, when I eat lunch I'm going to take a nap."
     Kyle held out his hand,"I got you a present,isn't the starfish cute?"
    Shawna made an odd face,"I'm not a starfish kinda gal, thanks but no thanks."
     Kyle's emotion poured out of his mouth,"I'm sick and tired of the way you treat me Shawna, I barely get a peck on the cheek lately. You're not the only single girl on the island, even if you were I wouldn't care. I'm breaking up with you, thanks but no thanks."
     Kyle walked down the beach flirting with Amy and Lizy just because he could.
     Shawna didn't care about Kyle, he was useless as far as she was concerned. The group wasn't what she expected when arriving on the island,they were immature teenagers, not out of control trouble makers.Shawna made up her mind, if she got off of the island, she was going to report her uncle to the Australian government. Shawna knew the South Pacific coordinates of the island's location. No amount of money was worth what her uncle was doing to the group.
            The mood was happy and relaxing at Beach Camp, the now single Kyle, was hanging out with the guys again.Shawna didn't join in on the girls conversation, she thought that she was too mature for their humor or gossip.
         Amy held her girlfriend's hand,"I love it here Lindy it feels like a vacation, I don't want to go back home."
     Lindy stared into the fire flames,"you will change your mind when the sun goes down Amy, the bamboo huts are much colder than the cabins are."
     Lizy put on her coat,"it's getting cold already, but I feel much safer here."
     Julie looked at the trees,"I am terrified no matter where I am, since the diary was read to us.
     Page linked arms with her friend,"Julie I think the guys should move their four beds back into our cabin, I would feel much safer if Ronny and his machete slept nearby."
     Amy shared her friends' thoughts,"you're right Page the guys are much stronger than we are,it would be much safer."
               Tye sat on the beach with the group of males,"Kevin, Ronny and I, are moving into the girls cabin. We think you all should as well, we are worried about the girls safety."
     Chance nodded,"Jake and I were going to suggest it as well."
     Kyle bit into an apple,"As long as I don't have to sleep near Shawna, we just broke up after all."
     Matty smiled,"I wonder which girl will want me to sleep with them?"
     Tye teased,"easy tiger my sister is off limits, yes I mean you Matty."
     Ronny joined in on the fun,"the kid is already the best looking guy on the island, give him a few years and he will have all of the girls, we won't stand a chance with any of them."
     Jake messed up the boy's hair,"like it or not Matty you're one of the guys, that's why you're being teased, it's called male bonding."
    Matty sighed with relief, at long last he fit in somewhere.

            Chance began writing a diary not long after Cat left, he wanted his wife to know all he did, and his private thoughts.
Often Chance would read his own diary, not wanting to overlook any clues he had missed. There had to be a connection somewhere in the ink filled pages. If for no other reason it kept his mind busy, any distraction took him away from his thoughts of Cat and his son.