❀ farewell - san ❀

You stood at the airport, looking around at the bustling crowd. People were coming and going, all in a hurry to reach their destination. You, however, stood still, rooted to the spot, watching as your husband, San, walked towards you, dressed in his military uniform.

You had dreaded this moment since the day San had told you he had to leave for the military. You had tried to be strong, to put up a brave face, but now that the moment was finally here, you felt your resolve crumble.

San reached you and wrapped his arms around you, pulling you into a tight embrace. You buried your face into his chest, trying to hold back your tears.

"I'm going to miss you so much," you whispered, your voice shaking.

"I'm going to miss you too, baby," San replied, his voice choked up. "But you know I have to do this. It's my duty."

"I know," you said, pulling away from him. "But that doesn't make it any easier."

San looked at you, his eyes full of pain. "I know, but we'll get through this. We always have."

You nodded, but inside, you knew it was going to be difficult. San had always been your rock, your support system, and without him by your side, you didn't know how you were going to manage.

You both stood there, lost in each other's gaze, when suddenly the announcement came over the loudspeaker that it was time for all military personnel to board their flight.

San looked at you one last time, his eyes filled with a mixture of love, sadness, and determination. "I'll write to you every day," he said firmly. "And I'll call you whenever I can."

You nodded, your heart aching as you watched him disappear through the gates. The next few weeks were the hardest of your life. You missed San terribly, his absence a constant weight on your heart.

Days turned into weeks, and weeks turned into months. You faithfully waited for San's letters, but they grew more and more infrequent. You tried to tell yourself that he was just busy with his duties, but a nagging feeling of worry crept up inside you.

Finally, one day, a letter arrived from San. Your heart leapt with joy at the sight of it, but as you read his words, your heart sank.

"I'm sorry it's been so long since I last wrote," he had written. "Things have been hectic over here, and I haven't had much time to myself. But I need to tell you something important. I don't think I can come home when my deployment is over. They're extending it, and I don't know when I'll be able to come back. I hope you understand."

You read the words over and over, your mind reeling with shock and disbelief. How could this be happening? How could San be taken away from you for even longer?

Days turned into weeks, and weeks turned into months once again. You tried to stay strong, to keep a positive attitude, but the worry and anxiety were overwhelming. You missed San more than ever, and the fear of never seeing him again weighed heavily on your heart.

Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, another letter arrived. This time, the news was better. San's deployment had ended, and he was coming home. You were overjoyed, and the thought of seeing him again filled you with a sense of hope and excitement.

But as the day of his arrival grew closer, so did the tension and anxiety. You had both been through so much, and the thought of finally being reunited was almost too much to bear.

When San finally stepped off the plane and into your arms, the floodgates of emotion burst open. You both clung to each other tightly, tears streaming down your faces.

"I missed you so much," you whispered, your voice choked with emotion.

"I missed you too," San said, his voice filled with raw emotion. "But we made it. We're finally together again."

And when San finally returned home, it was like a dream come true. You threw your arms around him, feeling his strong arms wrap around you in return. You breathed in his scent, feeling his warmth and his love envelop you.

You spent the rest of the day catching up, talking about everything and nothing at all. You cooked dinner together, savoring each other's company and the simple pleasure of doing regular things like a couple.

As the night wore on, you found yourselves curled up on the couch together, watching your favorite movie. San held you close, his hand resting on your stomach.

You looked up at him, feeling a surge of love and gratitude. Despite the challenges you had faced, you knew that the future held endless possibilities, and that with San by your side, anything was possible.

 Despite the challenges you had faced, you knew that the future held endless possibilities, and that with San by your side, anything was possible

vote and comment if you liked this chapter and requests are also welcome.

have a great day or night 💗