✰ the songbird next door - jongho ✰

You had just moved into a new apartment complex and were excited to finally have a place of your own. The first few days were great, but soon you began to notice something peculiar. Every night, without fail, you could hear someone singing loudly and off-key in the apartment next to yours.

At first, you tried to ignore it and focus on your work, but the noise was so loud it was impossible to ignore.

"breaking the wa-wa-aa-ll' you could hear the voice singing. You couldn't even sleep at night because of it. Eventually, you decided to confront your neighbor about it.

As you knocked on the door, the singing stopped abruptly. When the door opened, you were surprised to see a young man standing in front of you. He had messy black hair and a shy gummy smile.

"Hi, I'm Jongho," he said, extending his hand.

"Hi, I am y/n" you said extending your hand and giving a handshake.

You explained the reason for your visit. Jongho apologized profusely and explained that he was a singer and needed to practice his high notes every day. He promised to keep it down.

Over the next few weeks, you began to hear less and less singing coming from next door. You started to worry if Jongho had stopped practicing altogether. But one night, you heard him singing again, and this time it was different. His voice was smooth and strong, hitting all the right notes.

You found yourself leaning closer to the wall, listening to him sing. Suddenly, the music stopped, and you heard Jongho's voice on the other side.

"I know you're listening," he said, a hint of playfulness in his voice.

You blushed, realizing you had been caught. You quickly composed yourself and replied, "Sorry, I couldn't resist. You have an amazing voice."

Jongho laughed, and from that day on, the two of you became friends. You would often hear him practicing through the walls, but instead of being annoyed, you found yourself looking forward to his nightly serenades. In fact, you even started to join in on the singing, harmonizing with Jongho's high notes.

As the days passed, you found yourself falling for Jongho's sweet personality and his incredible talent. You knew you had to tell him how you felt.

One day, you mustered up the courage to invite Jongho over for dinner. As you were cooking, you heard a knock on the door. It was Jongho, looking dashing in a simple t-shirt and jeans.

As you sat down to eat, you told him how much you had enjoyed getting to know him and how much you appreciated his music. You also told him how you felt about him.

Jongho was stunned for a moment, but then he smiled and reached across the table to take your hand.

"I feel the same way," he said, his voice soft and sincere.

From that day on, you and Jongho were inseparable, spending your nights singing and making beautiful music together.

vote and comment if you liked this chapter. :)