~ Episode 17 ~

Y/N: "There's only one more day left. Do I have enough time?" Y/N bit her nails nervously.

She still wasn't able to find the book that she needed.

Out of the blue, she felt a light tap on her shoulder, causing her to jerk away in fear.

She then heaved a sigh of relief when she saw it was Chaein, but Chaein was dressed in a suspicious way - a completely black outfit?

Y/N: "Gosh, you scared me, Chaein! Why did you-"

Chaein: "We need to talk." Chaein cut her off.

Before Y/N could ask any questions, she got knocked out by Chaein.

After a while, Y/N woke up with a slightly sore neck as a groan escaped her lips

When her vision finally managed to adjust itself to her surroundings, she found herself lying on a chair...

Y/N: "Hold on...it's my dorm?" Y/N unbelievably blinked her eyes.

Chaein: "You're up." A familiar voice said from behind while Y/N turned her head around to see Chaein.

That was when she recalled what happened.

Y/N: "Chaein, why did you-"

Chaein: "I'm so sorry for doing that. It was the only way so you would get out from that lab. You have been staying there for days and it is practically unsafe for you." Chaein apologized.

Chaein: "Since we have the time, let's just talk until they get here." Chaein said after she checked the time on her watch.

Y/N: "Who's they?"

Chaein: "Namjoon, Hoseok, and Jungkook."

Y/N: "What about Shuhua?" Y/N said as thought of her best friend.

Chaein: "She told me that she was going to her grandmother's funeral, so it's not really the best time." Chaein let out.

Y/N: "She didn't tell me-"

Chaein: "She said that she didn't want to tell you because she doesn't want you to be worried for her. If that's her wish, you should abide to it. After all, both of you are best friends." Chaein replied.

Chaein: "Anyways, back to the point, you as a half-vampire and half-human, but you are known to others a full human. Don't you know there were quite a number of vampires wanting you as their prey? It's fortunate that you have someone to protect you." Chaein playfully scoffed.

Y/N: "Huh? Who?" Y/N crossed her eyebrows.

Chaein: "Guess!" Chaein smirked as she took a seat next to Y/N.

Y/N: "You?"

Chaein: "Nope!" Chaein replied.

Y/N: "Namjoon?" Y/N randomly guessed, but Chaein shook her head.