22

cw: language, fuckboy behavior, gun violence, implied gang affiliation, blood

Hit-

Kush adjusted the rear view mirror to look at his younger sister. "Why you say you hate it there, Ry? I mean, I would, too, but still."

"She keeps yelling at me and calling me stupid and stuff for my clarinet being broke, but I didn't do it," she mumbled and whined.

"But you know you not stupid, Ryélle, so what you crying for?"

"'Cause I don't wanna come home from school just to get bullied some more!" she sobbed.

He left it alone for the rest of the drive, deciding it'd be best to let her calm down before trying to talk about it.

Ryélle went to hug Snoh as soon as they walked in the house.

"Hey, pretty girl," Snoh smiled, wrapping the child up in a tight squeeze.

"Auntie, I wanna stay with you," she mumbled.

"You can stay with me all day, baby."

That wasn't what she meant.

Kush and Leo walked in a few seconds later and Snoh immediately grabbed her son's face. "The hell happened to you?"

"A'merie hit me for taking Ry," he shrugged.

"I'm'a beat her ass," she growled softly.

"I'm knowing," he replied, pulling out his phone that buzzed in his pocket as his sister returned to his arms.

"Hello?"

"I wanna see you," Chloe said simply.

"Tonight?"

"Right now. Let's get brunch today," she corrected.

"I can't right now. I just picked up my baby sister."

"Fine, I can wait, but don't take too long."

"I got you."

He hung up, returning his phone to his pocket, then looked down at Ryélle. "You wanna go talk shit about your wack ass momma?"

She giggled softly, "Okay."

They went to sit on the living room couch and he held her and she laid her ear on his heart.

"How long she been tripping on you?" he hummed.

"Since Wednesday," she muttered.

"It's always about the clarinet?"

She shook her head, "That started Friday. Before she was always mad about my bathroom being a mess and not putting the dishes up before she got home — even though I was doing it right then!" She huffed and pouted, "I don't wanna go home."

"So don't," he shrugged.

"Kush," Snoh scolded.

He furrowed his brows, "What?"

"You her big brother. You shouldn't be encouraging her to run away."

"I'm not saying she gotta run away. But we got a guest room we barely use for real, so why she can't stay here?"

She sighed, "Because we don't have custody over her, Kush. And her parents care to keep her home and safe. If we don't take her home, we both go to jail for kidnapping."

"I promise I'll put money on your books as soon as I have money," Ryélle insisted.

Leo snickered, he'd been completely zoned out on his phone until then. "They go'n be stuck in there a good ten years before you even get to pay half," he teased.