{ 8 } His Little Secret

{ James }

"I ain't giving them shit," I shout, walking off.

Does he really think I'm going to give them money? I mean he obviously can see that they're Muslims. You don't give any shit to Muslims. What century is he living in? Gosh, it's so simple. They. Are. Muslims. They are so cruel, mean and they're killers. You don't give money to killers. Only those who are not right in the head give money to killers. I mean... That's really stupid.

Angry and pissed, I storm into my house. I make my way to the kitchen and open the fridge. I take a bottle of vodka and go to my room.

My head hurts so damn bad. I sit on the bed and start drinking.

I hear a small knock on the door and get up. Ugh, people these days, they just can't even leave you alone.

I open the door and see my father standing there looking angry at me. What did I do wrong?

"Yes?" I look at him, confused. Why is he so angry?

"Why in the name of Allah are you so disrespectful?" Did he just say Allah?

"What... did you say?" I ask, not believing my ears.

"Why in th-" I cut him off.

"I heard you the first time," I say.

Hurt. Pissed. That's what I feel. He's a Muslim, after what happened to Rosemary? How could he?

Ask him if he's Muslim.

Is he that stupid?

"Why?" I say as tears run down my cheeks.

"You didn't tell anyone... it was your little secret right?" I wipe away my tears.

"No, your mother knows," he gives me a shy smile.

Really? a shy smile?

"HOW LONG?" I yell in his face, not caring anymore.

"Two years; The religion is so perfect, the holy Quran is the most beautiful thing you can hear. Son, please forgive me for not telling you, but Islam is the best thing that happened to me," he smiles at me.

The silence lingers between us. "So mom is a Muslim too?" I ask softly.

"No, but, after I saw something one night, something big, I was pissed and angry. I went out for a walk that night. I saw the most beautiful thing, heard the most beautiful sound; I was at a masjid, so Muslims were praying. Th-There was this woman... she was beautiful. I asked her a few things about Islam. That night I fell in love with two things... The woman... but the most important thing I fell in love with... was Islam," he finishes as tears roll down his cheeks.

"So what happened that night? What did you see that got you so angry and pissed?" I'm so confused. How can someone who hated Muslims before, love them now?

"I saw something horrible that I could never believe." He wipes his tears away.

"So how did mom take this?" I inquire.

He is silent for a moment.

I don't have the patience for this.

"I'mma get the fuck out of here. You can keep this house, you disgusting Muslim," I yell, grabbing a suitcase out of the closet.

I grab the pictures of Rosemary off of my walls and put them in the suitcase. I then grab my clothes on the ground and my bed and put them in my suitcase.

"Where are you going?" He asks, his voice sounds concerned.

"Derek's," was my only response.

"You don't even have money, what are you going to do if he kicks you out? Are you going to live on the streets? I'm the CEO of a company. I have money," he pulls his hair out of frustration.

"Why don't you give it to the poor, you crazy Muslim guy?" I grab my suitcase and get out of the room, heading to the kitchen.

"That's disrespectful," I hear his voice behind me.

"And? You're Muslim." I say opening the fridge and grab the last four bottle of vodka.

"There's nothing wrong with being a Muslim," he says angrily.

"Yeah, whatever man," I say and head out of the house.

♪ I'm turnt up in this bitch
Drunk off that liquor
I can't trust these hoes
But you look so different, girl
You... You got your girls, I got my niggas
So you... should tell yo girls to come fuck with us

The music was blaring from the house. After I left my Muslim father I went to Derek's house. We drank about ten bottles of beer. We invited three girls over and we all got drunk. We all took turns picking songs. Now it was the blonde girl's turn and she picks 2 am by Adrian Marcel. I swear, girls pick the most guy-ass songs.

♪ Come live in the fast lane
Bottles every night, whatever you like
'Cause I do things
And you know my niggas keep that thing on the side
'Cause a nigga wanna act strange
But this ain't about me, girl it's all about you
And I ain't just runnin' games
I ain't runnin' games ♪

Brianna goes on my lap and smashes her lips on mine.

♪ Said it's 2 AM. I-I-I want it, girl
I-I-I want this, girl. ♪

Her hands trail up my shirt.

♪ I know you're horny, girl. I-I-I want it, girl. I want it, girl. Said it's 2 am
I-I-I want it, girl. ♪

"Come upstairs," she whispers seductively in my ear.

I push her off me which causes her to land on the ground and turn the music off. 2 am is coming to an end. My head hurts.

"Get out of the house, all of you guys," I say, looking at all the girls.

"What are you- you're kidding right?" One of the chicks whines, her shirt and pants off, riding on Derek.

"I'll call the police," I warn them.

"What's gotten into him?" She says, almost as if I'm deaf and possessed.

"Did he not get laid?"

"Asshole."

"Fucking baby," was all they said.

All the words are thrown at me by the girls. But it doesn't hurt me.

They all get up and leave, leaving Derek to stare at me.

"What the fuck man? I was about to get laid, fucking idiot!" He yells.

"Fuck off man, I'm not in the mood!" I yell back at him, but my voice is much louder than his.

"Whatever," he says, shaking his head.

I need some sleep.

I wake up to a bright sun shining through my window. I look at my phone. It's 5:00 in the evening. Fuck, I missed my culture class. I don't even care, I don't have to see the crazy Muslim girl. Great.

I get up and head to the shower.
I take my dirty clothes off and sit in the steaming tub, combing my hair with my hand.

Today, I'm going to get a job. I'm going to save some money and live in a dorm. I don't want to get a big house. I also don't want my Muslim father paying my rent.

But first, I have to see my mother.