Ch.21: Reactions

Yn's POV:

After Friday, Jessie who was the photographer, started to work on our announcement cards. After Jake and I picked the one we liked, we ordered a whole bunch. Jake went back to work that Monday and I went to the shop I bought and started setting it up.

I was in a pair of Jean shorts, a white crop top and a green button up. I sat in the couch starting to make a list of everyone and started to get addresses for everyone. I got Jakes close family done, his parents and sibling. I also got Penny and a few of my friends. I set one aside on the counter to give to Tasha and Bradley. They were coming over tonight for dinner.

Boomer sat in the opposite end of the couch. My phone rang and I reached over and picked it up as soon as I saw Jakes caller ID on the screen.

"Well hello Mr. Seresin."

"Hello soon to be Mrs. Seresin."

"You headed home?"

"You know it. I talked to Bradley and their gonna go home and change before coming over."

"Okay sounds good. You'll never guess what showed up in our mailbox today!"

"What showed up?"

"Our engagement announcement cards. I made a list for the main people that I know we'll both want to be there and wrote down their address."

"Oh yay, did they turn out good?"

"It's you and me. Of course they turned out good."

I heard him chuckle on the other side of the phone. "I'll be home in about ten, I'm turning onto C road."

"Okay, I'll see you then. Bye bubs."

"Bye Darlin'."

I hung up and set the cards down, I went outside and sat down on the porch steps waiting for Jake to come into sight.

After a little I saw the same black truck that I love pull into the dirt driveway leading up to our house. I jump up and wait for him to get out of the car. When he does, I run over to him and jump into his arms. He picks me up, my bare feet dangling in the air.

I lean down and give him a long kiss. He sets me down like every other day. "How was your day?" I asked placing my hands in his chest as his go around my waist.

"Boring, nothing too interesting." He pecks at my lips.

"Let's go get you cleaned up huh?"

"Yes ma'am."

I drag him inside. Jake goes off to change and I cleanup the box of cards that were on the table. Making sure to set aside one for the two guests later in tonight of course. I wipe down the counter and get put the stuff for a salad.

While I'm chopping the onions Jake comes out of the bedroom. I glance at him and see that he's wearing blue shorts and a white t.

He comes up around me and sets his head in my shoulders as his hands clench around my waist. I continue making the salad and chopping everything. We were making burgers, but Tasha was going to bring them.

The doorbell rung and I set the knife down and put my ring in my pocket, just so they don't see it before we give them the card. Jake stays at the counter, most likely snacking on the cucumbers and carrots I just cut up.

"Hi guys!" I open the door. Tasha is wearing a pair of shorts and a black shirt. Bradley is wearing a pair of Jean shorts, a tank top, and a Hawaiian shirt.

"Hi Yn!" Tasha gives me a short hug.

"Come on in." I close the door behind them before making my way to the kitchen to see Jake eating the cucumbers.