Ch.11: Seresin Family

Yn's POV:

Jake and I made sure to have everything that we needed before heading out. I bent down to Boomer who had his harness and leash on.

"Are you sure they won't mind that we're bring him?" I said looking back up at him.

"Darlin'," be bent down to match my stance, putting his hand on my face, "I promise they will be fine. They live on a farm. They're use to all types of animals." He gave me a sweet kiss and stood up.

As time got closer to meeting his family the more nervous I got. Jake picked up on the subtle signs. I knew this because he would do simple gestures that would make me feel more at ease.

After a very long car ride. Many stops. Trading off driving Jakes truck multiple times. We were pulling into his driveway. They lived out in the country. It was surrounded by a forest, and a lake behind the road. There was a big red barn to the left of the white and black house. Two stories, wrap around porch, a long dirt road leading to the house.

I let out a sigh, shaking my right leg up and down. My stomach felt like someone ripped them out, tied it, stabbed it, threw it on the ground, and shoved it back inside of me.

Jake out his right hand in my leg, tubing his thumb in circles. "There gonna love you."

"It's just-"

"No Yn." He chuckled a little. "I know, with out a doubt, my parents, all seven siblings, their husbands and wives, all my nieces and nephews; they are gonna absolutely adore you." He kept stealing glancing between the road and myself. "Don't think other wise."

I nodded my head slowly. Jake intermingled put hands, bringing mine up to his face, kissing it, then setting our hands in my lap. As we got closer to the house, I could see many people around the house playing and running around. Once everyone saw that it was Jake they ran to the front of the house, waiting with his parents.

He stopped the car, turned the key, hopped out. I sat their getting the courage to get out of the car. Suddenly, Jake opened my door and offered his hand helping me down. "Thank you handsome."

"Jake!" A whole bunch of them screamed. My once worried face, turned upwards to see the sight of Jake giving everyone a hug.

I was in awe watching him with the little kids and him having the widest smile, saying hello to his family. I fiddled with my fingers, "oh you must be Yn!" A woman who I assumed was Jakes mom, was walking towards me, opened arms.

I pushed myself off of the truck, "yes I am." I'm engulfed in a huge hug.

She kept her hands on my shoulders, mine in her arms, "well welcome home."

My face softened, "thank you Mrs. Seresin for having me."

"Oh come on! Call me mama!" She whispered to me, "being called Mrs. makes me feel old."

"You don't look like it." I whispered back.

She turns to Jake who was watching us, "I like her! You better keep her."

Jake walked over to us, pulling me into a side hug, "don't plan on doing anything else mama."

Mama turned to the rest of her family. Jake bent down to my ear, "you see? Nothing to worry about." He placed a kiss on my temple, "now let's go meet everyone else."

The drive down Jake informed me on who was who. His older sister, Julie(27), was married to Weston, they had a kid named Sawyer. Then it was Jake(26), Steve(25), Finn(25) and Hadley(25). They were triplets. Steve had a daughter, Macey. Finn had a wife, Peggy, she was pregnant. Hadley and her husband, Booker, just had a baby boy, Theo.