Ch.12: Match Met

Yn's POV:

From head to toe, I'm soaked with water. I open my eyes and see all the kids with water balloons, I smile and shake my head. I look up and see Jake on the roof, with a now empty bucket.

"You little-" I start but another water balloon hits me in the arm. I look at Jackson and see the biggest smirk, I have ever seen. I go over and grab the closest water balloon and pop it over his head.

Not even five minutes later, everyone is throwing water balloons left and right. I haven't seen Jake since he was in the roof. I lol around and yet another balloon explodes against my skin. I turn around to see who threw it. I see Jake laughing his head off. I take one and throw it at his stomach.

His face goes all serious and I know I've screwed up. Jake walks towards me, me backing up. It brought it to him chasing after me, him hot on my heels. I ran into Pa, "I'm sorry."

Before I could hear his reply, I'm lifted off the ground. Knowing it's Jake. I see that he's walking towards the boat ramp in the lake.

"Jake, no." I try to get out of his grip.

"No can do darlin'." He made it half way down the ramp, as I finally get lose. As I start laughing and running back, Jake picks me up again.

Before I know it both of us are in the water. Once I surface the water I see Jake surfacing at the same time. I splashed water in his face.

He shook his head and laughed. "I'm sorry darlin'."

"It was your idea, wasn't it?" Expecting nothing less.

He shrugged 'innocently'. I moved out of the way as I saw Weston carrying Julie, jumping into the water. Not far after, all of us adults were in the water except for Mamma and Pa. They were on the ramp, making sure none of the kids jumped in.

As the night went on, we found ourselves settling down for bed. I came out of the bathroom and saw Jake was laying down in his old bed. I looked around and saw everything hung up on the wall. I looked at the photos hung up on his mirror.

On the wall above his bed, he had about six cowboy hats hung up. He had two white, two black, and two tan ones. I sat on the bed facing him. He had his hands propped behind his head.

I reached up and took a white hat and put it on my head. "So, how to I look."

Jake turned over laughing.

"What?" I was so confused.

He sat up, taking his hat and hanging it back up.

"What?"

He turned to me. "You do know the saying of wearing a cowboys hat is?"

"No." I eyed him suspiciously.

His deep chuckle filled the room, "when you wear a cowboys hat, you're saying you want to ride that cowboy."

"And what if you put it on the girls head?"

"The guy want to see 'more' of you."

"Oh." I reached up and grabbed the hat again putting it on my head. I smirked at him.

Jake licked his lips, shaking his head. "Darlin'."

"Hmm?"

"What are you doing?"

"Im wearing your hat."

"I thought you were the wait for marriage girl. I know I'm saving myself."

"Doesn't mean I don't want it."

"I'll keep that in mind." He leaned in and kissed me. Taking off the hat in the middle of the kiss.