Chapter 37: A new technique and Bet

"Say that again...." Yato said as he looked up from his food at Jiraya and Naruto as the young blonde haired boy eye's went wide at what his pervy teacher just said.

"Well you heard me Yato the leaf elders have decided to make you the fifth Hokage of the hidden leaf" Jiraya said which made Yato stay silent due to having some fried rice in his mouth as he had then spoken up after swolloing the rice.

"Know you Jiraya you left something out and that most likely being the fact the elders offered you the position of the fifth Hokage yet you refused didn't you? So they choose me and Tsunade to be the next candidates for the postion as the fifth Hokage am I right?" Yato asked as he had then taken a bit of his fried eel.

Jiraya had let out a small chuckle "Even after all this time I've known you I shouldn't be suprised at how smart you are but yeah I did decline and suggested both you and Tsunade. Yet the elders have decided on you Yato".

Yato had simply continued eating his food while Naruto looked at him suprised until he had spoken up.

"Wow Yato your gonna be the next Hokage?!" Naruto asked which made Yato look up and smile at the young blonde.

"Well it has been a very long time hasn't Naruto you have grown up a bit more I've heard about a lot of your adventures" Yato said which made the young ninja smile.

"You did?!" Naruto asked.

"Yeah I have the fight with Zabuza Momochi, your fight with the Neji Hyuga the prodigy of the Hyuga clan and not only that fighting with Gaara of the sand village. You have gotten very strong" Yato said which made Naruto smile.

"So will you do it will you become the fifth Hokage?!" Naruto asked Yato looking at him with a smile.

Yato didn't even get a chance to speak up as Tsunade had then spoken up and let out a scoff as she had then spoken up.

"My darling would never take up an idiot job like the Hokage. I don't even want the job either so I decline it as well" Tsunade said which casued Naruto, Jiraya, and Shizune to look over at her as she took a drink of some of her sake.

"I remeber in the past when we were younger....you saying the same thing "I decline" then Yato would put me under the worst Genjutsu" Jiraya said.

"Huh?! I thought you said we came here for for an interveiw what's going on?! You just wanted her to come back to the village so she could check on Sasuke and Kakashi sensei health right?! And why is she calling Yato "Darling"what's going on?" Naruto asked still not understanding.

Shizune looked over at Tsunade who still kept silent 'Tsunade-sama maybe she's heasitating becasue of Orochimaru?' the young lady thought to herself.

"Don't worry so much this person here is Tsunade....she was the one that brought victory in the battle....no one has been able to aquire her techniques....Also she is the grand daughter of the first Hokage. While Yato over there just like Tsunade is the grandchild of one of the founders of the leaf village as well and was one of the main factors in ending the Second Great Ninja War" Jiraya said explaining to Naruto.

"If either of the two was to become the next Hokagethey would have to go back to the village.... and then either of them csn check up on both Sasuke and Kakashi....This was a decision made by the head leaders of the leaf so you have absolutly no say in this matter" Jiraya said.

"Jiraya this kid seems worse than your previous apprentiance...in terms of looks and intellgece" Tsunade said being carely a tiny bit wasted.

"WHAT'S THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN!!" Naruto yelled out at Tsunade.

"Well... It's tough for anyone to be compared to the fourth Hokage" Jiraya said as he had a smile on his face.

"Because he really had then talent to become top-rated ninja....we was smart, reliable and handsome like me too!" Jiraya laughed out as Naruto had caught what his teacher said about his preivous student being the literal fourth Hokage himself.