Boss

I woke up, to find myself swaddled in a blanket and an ice pack on my head. I was a bit stunned to find Fort sitting on the floor near the bed, sleeping with his head on the bed and hand resting on my arm.

I sat up slowly and Fort stirred awake.

"How do you feel now? Let me take your temp."

"Why didn't you sleep in the bed?"

"I was just monitoring your temp and ended up falling asleep here."

"What time is it? We have to meet P Aof around 10am remember."

"It's ok. He cancelled it. Told him you are sick and he said he will reschedule. Right now can you focus on being well?"

Fort glared at me annoyed and I gulped silently. I nodded.

"What do you feel like eating?"

"Hmmm.. I usually don like to eat when I'm unwell. I just want to coop up in bed."

"Bosssss, you cant be this way. Or else how will you get better?"

"Some soup na ok?"

I nodded. I got out of bed and got a quick shower whilst Fort fixed me some soup. I sat down and stirred the soup around listlessly. Fort watched me quietly and then finally he came over and placed his hand on my shoulder.

"Here. Why don't you watch some TV and have it?"

Fort brought me to the couch and put on my favorite show, one based on bike racing. As I got engrossed in the show, Fort fed me slowly. As I was busy with the show, I didn't realise and finished the soup up.

"There you go. Soup all done. Medicines 30 minutes later ok?"

I nodded at Fort who just smiled at me and went off to clean up. For the youngest of our group, Fort was also the biggest caregiver I had to say. He totally got me to eat even when I don't like to. I sat down, hugging a pillow as I watched the show. I turned to see Fort pottering around in the kitchen. Just then the phone rang. Fort answered the call.

A little while later, he came back to the hall. "Hey I will be going out for a bit ok? Peat wants to meet to collect something from me. I be back in about an hour or so. Will you be fine alone?"

I looked at him. Part of me refused to let him go, wanting to just have him look after me the whole day. When I am sick, I am like a child and I just wanted to be molly coddled. But I also knew I couldn't be like that. I just nodded.

Fort just looked at me for a bit but didn't say anything. He went to change and came back, buttoning up his cuff. I just pretended to look at my show, glancing when he wasn't looking.

I watched as he grabbed his wallet and car keys. "I be back soon ok? You be fine?"

I nodded, eyes still firmly on the TV. I knew if I turned to look at him, I would probably ask him to stay. Fort stood there for so long but I didn't turn to look. He finally went off. True to his words, he came back about an hour later.

I was just reading through the script when he came back. "Why aren't you resting?"

"I'm okays. I was bored so wanted to just look at the script. How is Peat?"

"Yea he's fine."

"So what did he want? That was so urgent?"

Fort raised his eyebrows at me. "Jealous na Boss?"

I instantly blushed. Fucker was teasing me.

"I'm not. Was just asking."

Fort laughed as he filled me in that they met to get some school stuff and Peat wanted his opinion. I nodded my head and went back to the script. Fort went to change and came to sit with me, peering over my shoulder at the script. He jsut held onto my arm as we went through the script together.

"Oh gosh!! Did you read this scene! Why is P Aof making us kiss like that?!?"

"And why is he letting your character take the lead!!" I growled lowly.

"Maybe because you are a marshmallow and P knows that. So he's letting me top you."

"Impossible. Never letting you do that!"

"Really? Really? Shall we see about that?"

Fort leaned over to me. I tried to scramble back and suddenly without fore warning, Fort grabbed me by my waist and pulled me closer. He leaned in so closely that I was stunned and shut my eyes. Suddenly I heard a chuckle. I opened my eyes to see Fort laughing and then he let me go.

But I don't know what possessed me and I pulled him towards me instead, kissing him firmly. I thought Fort would resist but either he was too stunned or he wanted it as he kissed me back.

We just freaking kissed. What was I going to pin it on? I would think of it once I was done but for now, I just kissed Fort.