Fort

I smiled at Boss who was just looking at me. We had lunch and over the meal, I asked him on what were his plans for the day.

"Any plans today?"

"Well I am going to go gym and then go meet P Aof for a discussion on a new show."

"Oh. Me too. I have to meet P Aof around 5pm.."

"Same.. wait, you don't think its the same show, do you?"

"Impossible! Right?"

Boss chuckled too, citing it was impossible. We went our separate ways after lunch, me doing some work at home whilst Boss went for gym. Around 5pm, I went down for the meeting and was also stunned to see Boss in the same room. But when I heard what P Aof had to say, that threw both of us into a curveball.

"You gotta be kidding me! Both of us playing lovers?! In a show?! Lovers with each other?!?"

"P Aof, I'm not saying that it's impossible. But it's us. He's like a Nong to me. And we both are very strong people. Will this pairing even work out?"

P Aof chuckled at us both. "Trust me. Trust the process. It will work out. But we wouldn't be holding official workshops for you two to build on your chemistry. It will be done abit differently. Boss, you are going to stay with Fort for a while before we commence filming the show so that you guys can get to know each other even better and build up on your chemistry."

I stared dumbfounded at P Aof. Did he...did he even realize what he's saying? We rounded off the discussion and left. I was quiet as I was still mulling over the conversation we had.

"Is everything ok?"

"Hmm yea? I just.. its weird isn't it?"

"What's weird?"

"The two of us playing lovers in the show. Don't you think it's weird? Like..."

"You think it's impossible?"

"I mean it's a show. We are jsut playing characters. We can act it out. But just it's funny. Such an odd pairing. No?"

Boss didn't say anything but just smiled.

"If its so odd, I can ask P Aof to rethink his decision. We don't have to be necessarily lovers in the show. I mean.. maybe we can think of another pairing. Or partner."

"Na. Don't do that. As actors, we need to be able to channel all roles. You want to swing by your house to pack a luggage then come over?"

Boss agreed and we separated. I went home and cleaned the house whilst waiting for Boss. Just then I got a call from P Aof.

"Hey, you ok?"

"Yes P. Why?"

"I heard you seem really displaced by the role. If it's so hard for you, I can replace Boss with someone else. I mean I do have other choices in mind but Boss was my first choice. He offered to step down."

"No P. Please don't do that. I am thrilled to work with Boss though I am just worried if we can pull it off."

"Have some faith in yourself. Have faith in him ok?" I think you two are going to be amazing. Maybe who knows, you two may end up dating for real."

"P! It's Boss you are talking about. Can you imagine us dating?!?!? Hahahaaa."

P Aof just chuckled but I didn't realize that he actually didn't take his words back. I hung up assuring him that everything was ok and that I would talk to Boss.

I didn't realize that I had made Boss feel sad with my choice of words so much that he decided to step down from the role. About 30 minutes later, Boss arrived.

"Hey. I'm here."

I looked at Boss who was standing a little hesitantly at the entrance. I sighed softly, knowing he was feeling a little displaced. I went over and took his luggage, apologising if I had made him upset. I assured him that I wasn't against working with him. I was just worried if the roles will be done to justice.

"I'm sorry if i made you feel otherwise. Let's give this a shot na?"

Boss nodded cheerfully at me, finally breaking into a grin. We kept away his things and over dinner, we took the script out and gave it a read through. My face blushed a bit when I read the amount of intimate scenes I had with Boss was shocking. I looked at Boss who was still peering at the script but his ears were completely red. I smiled to myself when I saw that.

Involuntarily, I just took my hand and placed it over his. Boss looked at me in surprise and then glanced at our enveloped hands.

"I.. its just to start getting into character? Just giving it a shot."

I quickly stuttered. Boss just grinned at me and took my hand and gave it a quick kiss!

"Oi!!"

"I'm just following character." Boss shrugged carelessly.

"Where!"

Boss just randomly pointed at the first page. I looked down and indeed, his character was kissing my hands.

"You got lucky, didn't you?"

"Looks like it.." Boss chuckled.

This idiot. I looked at him and the script, wondering what have I gotten myself into. I sighed as I thought of rhe madness that was soon to hit us, having no idea then that this opportunity would be the best one ever in time to come.