🎧💔★Eddie X reader★

Today was a very tiring day, you had helped out every single neighbor with some sort of project or something of the sort. You had planned on just visiting Eddie, but on the way multiple neighbors asked you to help them with something. You of course, said yes even though you didn't want to because you felt like if you had said no then they would be upset with you.

On the walk, you seen Wally. Wally asked you to help him decide what to paint, after that you kept on your walk when Sally had seen you and asked if you could rate her play. You rated it a solid 10/10 to be nice, then left. Poppy stopped you and asked if your could help decide what designs to put on her cookies and Frank asked you to take a picture of a butterfly he had catched. When you finally thought you'd get to the post office, Barnaby and Julie stopped you in your tracks. "HEYYY Y/N!" Julie yelled as she ran infront of you, Barnaby walking beside her. "Oh..hello you two. Did you need something?" That was a dumb question, of course they wanted something. "Yes! So, me and Julie here have been practicing our jokes and we were wondering if you could tell us if their funny or not??" "Sure.."

Julie and Barnaby then started taking turns telling jokes, a few of them were actually funny but you didn't really laugh. You awkwardly laughed at some, and others you cringed at. "So???! We're they SUPER FUNNY?" As Julie said this she got super close to your face and had a beaming smile. You didn't want to be mean, so you told them that they were good. "Mhm, they were super funny guys! You should go tell them to Frank and he will probably laugh at them!" You didn't think he would, you just wanted them to go away.

Julie and Barnaby left in a hurry to go and annoy Frank after you said that. You sighed in relief as their voices were no longer audible. Then basically ran to the post office, not wanting anyone else to ask you for a favor. Once you arrived, you opened the door and ran over to Eddie who was standing by his desk sorting mail that he was about to deliver. You hugged him from behind which made him slightly jump, not hearing you come in somehow. "Oh! Hello there love. How are you?"
You didn't want to tell him about how upset you were about having to do so many things.

"Oh, I'm fine, how are you Eddie?" "I'm doing just fine! I'm just about to deliver this mail...say, why don't you help me deliver it?" This made you want to throw up. Not him, but having to do ANOTHER task, and while doing the task, having to see everyone again. What if they ask me to do more stuff for them? "Uhh..are you alright love?" "Uh, yes I'm alright." "Are..you sure? You don't have to help me if you don't want to, I'm not forcing you to help me!" "I..I know, I'm sorry I zoned out like that..If I'm being completely honest with you, every single neighbor has asked me to do something for them today.. I'm awfully tired, I'm sorry.." "What are you sorry for? You don't have to be sorry for not doing my job, if you're tired then just stay here and I'll be back soon."

Eddie then grabbed his bag and walked out of the post office, leaving you flushed and filled with heart eyes. You loved Eddie for many things, but one of your favorite things is how sweet and compassionate he was to others, especially you. Eddie came back and sat his bag down on his desk, walking over to you and picking you up bridal style. He carried you to his room in the back of the post office and layed you on the bed, still holding onto you. "So..are you going to tell me what happened?" You explained to Eddie all the stuff that had happened and how you felt like they'd hate you for not helping. "Dear, Just because you said no, doesn't mean that they would have been mad. It's okay to say no, it's completely your choice. Just know that you can always feel comfortable around me, if you don't want to do something then you tell me, ok?" "Okay..thank you Eddie, I love you." "I love you too.."

Eddie planted a kiss on your head and pulled you closer to him, cuddling you for the rest of the day and falling asleep with you in his arms.

------------------------------

Word count : 847

yay i finally ACTUALLY posted something 🤭🤭✨ I'll be working on this other stuff next but can you guys let me know which one I should do first? I'm doing majority rules so comment which ones you want done first!!

•Howdy angst

•Julie angst

•Wally story pt.2

•Poppy fluff

•Wally headcannons