XV

"Thanks for driving" Liz called to James in the car before slamming the door and standing next to Sam who had gotten out before her. It had taken quite a while for all the cars to get out of the club's parking lot and onto the street, and Liz and Ava had sung along loudly to the songs while James had snorted at all the drivers who had squeezed in front of his big car.

Arriving at beans&bites, Sam and Liz had gotten out and said goodbye to the other two. Now they waved after the car until it disappeared around the next corner.

"So how was the evening?" Liz grinned at Sam, who laughed. "Interesting. Nothing you could experience in Ohio. I really had fun" he smiled sweetly at her, which immediately made Liz blush again. "I'm glad" she mumbled before clearing her throat. "come on, I'll walk you to your car".

"What about you? Do you want me to drive you somewhere or...is your car here somewhere too?" Sam asked as he followed Liz to his car. Laughing, she stopped there and pointed to the dark, closed coffee shop. "I live here" she explained.

"At beans&bites?" Sam asked, confused. "Sure. I sleep way down on the warehouse shelf" Liz smirked before lightly punching him in the upper arm. "Above the shop, silly" she giggled sweetly.

"Oh, I see. Is that why you work at the shop besides your real job?" Sam inquired, rubbing the spot where Liz had just hit him. Liz nodded. "I don't pay rent and help out at the shop in exchange".

"Pretty nice of the owners to give you a deal like that" Sam noted. Liz grinned. "Yeah, my parents are pretty generous" surprised Sam looked at her. "Wait, beans&bites is owned by your parents?" Liz nodded with a grin.

"Anyway, it's getting late and you know, I have to make someone their coffee at eight on the dot tomorrow, so..." nervously Liz played with the keys she had pulled out of her pocket. "I totally understand. Coffee must be good" Sam grinned at her.

Liz giggled before lifting her eyes and smiling at Sam. "I had a lot of fun with you tonight too" she leaned over and pressed a kiss to Sam's cheek. "Good night Sam. Come home safe" she nervously ran her hand over her arm and turned around.

Surprised, Sam ran his hands over the spot where her lips had just touched his skin. What a velvety feeling, his cheek had never tingled like that before. For a brief moment he stared after Liz, speechless, before clearing his throat.

"Liz, wait" with just two big steps he had caught up with her, holding her by the arm and pulling her to him. He saw her eyes widen in surprise as he placed his hand on her cheek and pulled her face towards him.

The tingling sensation he had just felt on his cheek shot through his entire body as his lips met hers. His stomach did flips as he felt her return his kiss. Their tongues circled each other as Liz curled into his shirt.

He heard Liz giggle as they pulled away from each other and he rested his forehead against hers. "Fuck" he murmured softly as he released his hand from her cheek and slowly ran it down her arm.

"yeah...fuck" Liz repeated his words giggling before wrapping her arm around his neck and lightly stroking his hair. "say, is there any chance you'd like to see the apartment above the coffee shop?" she asked him in a whisper before giggling again. Sam had to smile. "Absolutely" he answered her.

Like two teenagers trying to sneak into their parents' house unnoticed, the two slipped through the door and scurried up the stairs to Liz's front door. Sam's muscular arms wrapped around Liz's waist from behind as she inserted the keys into the keyhole and unlocked her door.

"Welcome to my little home" Liz mumbled as she spun around, taking Sam's face in her hands and placing her lips on his as she pulled him backwards into the apartment. Sam kicked the door shut behind him and they both flinched briefly at the slam.