Chapter 3, page 1.

Thursday, 25th, 1987.
----- 12:01PM

I woke up to a sweet smell of cooking- but nothing smelt burnt. It smelt delicious.

Feeling the emptiness besides me, I sighed, forgetting Duff was gonna be helping my mom cook.

I slipped out of bed, putting socks on and brushing down my hair so I don't look crazy.

My parents moved, so most of my childhood things or old things in my room were in boxes or laid out against the wall.

I stepped out of my room and down the stairs, following the smell.

"There's the sleeping beauty!" Vincent snickers, a mug of something in his hand.

"Finally!" My mom huffed, walking up to me with a hurry, "your aunt maria and Uncle ross will be here with ulies and Sébastien by 1:30," she holds onto my arms.

"But not just them," Vincent adds, taking a sip of whatever he was drinking.

"Who all is coming?" I asked, guiding my mom to sit down.

"Uncle John and Aunt Mary, Uncle Jean and Aunt Tiffany, Aunt Jessica and Uncle Lee, Uncle Otto and Aunt Margret," my mom said, leaning back with a stressed sigh.

"Also, cousin Lilly, Derek, Simon, Paul, Richard, Edward, Eduardo, Damian, Luis, Angie, Donna, Marie, Diane, Jackie," Vincent adds.

I had a hudge family in Seattle, and that was where everyone was from, though my parents moved to California for us to 'have a better life'.

Pretty much the pairs go like this....

Aunt Maria - Uncle Ross = Ulies, Sébastien.
Uncle John - Aunt Mary = Lilly, Derek.
Uncle Jean - Aunt Tiffany = Simon, Paul, Richard, Donna.
Aunt Jessica - Uncle Lee = Angie, Edward, Jackie.
Uncle Otto - Aunt Margret = Marie, Damian, Eduardo, Luis, Diane.

"Doesn't cousin Paul, Luis, ulies, and Derek have kids?" Katie asks, coming out of the kitchen.

"Oh shoot! That's 7 more kids!" My mom sits up, slapping her hands down.

"8, Jackie has a Chris!" My dad yells from the garage.

"And Jackie's husband, Derek, Paul, Luis, ulies and Richard's wifes," katie adds.

"Marie's fiance, Diane too."

"Shit."

"Rosalyn," my mom says sternly, "Katelyn," she stares at my sister, "and Vincent."

"Yes ma'am?" My brother asks, a bit of fear in his eyes.

"There are 47 people coming to this house in 3 hours," she starts calmly, "including us 7, so 54 fucking people!"

During holidays, my mom gets stressed, and I mean stressed.

"Luckily, the garage is so large it can contain 60 and more people, SO!" She stands up, "you three get ready, then duff, Anita and Mark! Then me and dad- okay?"

"Yes!"
"Okay!"
"Got it!"

"You better be down in 25 God Damn minutes!"

We all rushed updating, immediately dashing to our rooms.

With the amount of family coming to our house, I needed a good-looking but appropriate dress.

I started rummaging through my case, looking for a certain dress I packed for for this certain occasion.

Found it

It was a brown dress that had white flowers with a yellow middle all over it. It went down just to my knees and had a low-collar neckline and sleeves that were slightly bigger than my arm but were tight and scrunched up on the wrist.