chapter 2, page 2.

Friday, August 12th, 1987.
.... 4:30PM - skip 3 days ahead.

I was finishing off my hair, duff sitting behind me watching intensly.

"Whats so special about me doing my hair?" I ask, looking at him through the mirror.

He shrugs, "You look so concentrated, I wanna know how you do it to."

"Want me to do yours?" I ask, putting the comb I had down since I was now done with my hair.

"No! My hair is flawless" he pats the ends of his hair, acting offended that i would've dared to ask that question.

"Nevermind then"

I put all the make up up, making sure that I didn't leave anything on the floor.

"You look good today" duff randomly blurts out while I get up and off the floor.

I look at him surprised, "and I don't look good everyday?" I jokingly say, walking over to my bag to put the things away.

"No- no you do, everyday, but I don't compliment you everyday" duff tries to explain, horribly at that matter.

"You should, there nice" I say, still turned to my bag with my back facing duff.

"Oh yeah?" Duff flirtatiously asks, a voice that would make me fall to my knees, almost make me stutter like a cat had my tough.

I nodd, not being able to form a word without reminding myself of the voice he used.

"I'll start doing it more then, doll"

I nodd, putting on my shoes still retracting on what he is saying.

I hear duff get up and walk infront of me, "gotta say something."

I look at him with a 'no I dont' look, which responds with "I already make you speechless?" With a cocky smirk on his face.

You cocky mother fucker.

"Wipe the cocky off your face, duff" I say, unamused at his boldness.

"I'm cocky? I should be, a beautiful girl is standing right infront of me and I could have her all to myself" he smiles, putting his arms around my neck.

He has no ides what he is doing to me, "your bestfriend is your new found girlfriend?" I ask, titling my head to the side.

"Ooh how I'd wish, rose" he sighs, kissing the top of my head and walking off to grab something.

What was that supose to mean?

I sigh, grabbing my purse and camrea equipment.

I fix my clothes, I was wearing a striped green shirt that had the store logo on the top left of it, white leather pants and I had a white scarf in my hair with a few pieces in the front out.

I looked decent I'd think.

Dark eye makeup with a little pink lip, necklaces and rings, bracelets and earings.

Yeah I looked good.

I was waiting by the opend door for duff, signaling that I was ready and we have to get down there before they come up here.
....
5:30PM

The ride to the gig was stuffy, hot and sweaty.

We flew here instead of taking the bus to the state for this exact reason but, getting a car ride from the hotel all the way to the gig was fucking hot.

We were late to show up, the boys already out and sound checking everything, an opening act for areosmith, this go around.

I was fanning myself off in the tent with danielle, lying back and a fan pointed towards us.