Once they reached in, Elias quickly cupped her face making her look up into his eyes. "Are you okay?" he asked, his voice full of concern. "If you feel offended, we can leave right now. This place, fuck, our world does not deserve you."

Iris's heart melted at his concern- such a worry wat. He was such a simp, always putting her needs before his own. "It's okay, Elias," she reassured him, smiling softly. "It doesn't bother me much. The only opinion I care about is yours."

She turned to Jasper, taking his hand in hers. "And yours," she added, grinning.

The ballroom was nothing like Iris had ever seen before. The walls were adorned with sparkling chandeliers, casting a soft glow across the room. The marble floors were polished to a gleaming shine. The tables were covered with white linen and the crystal glasses were arranged with neatness. The air was thick with expensive perfume, and soft music floated through the room.

Everywhere she looked, Iris saw people dressed in designer clothes and dripping in expensive jewelry. They exuded an aura of wealth and sophistication that she had never witnessed before.

It was like she had walked into a world of filthy rich. A place where money was no object and indulgence was the norm.

As they made their way through the crowd, Iris felt both- awe and unease. She had never been comfortable in such richness as she couldn't help but feel like an outsider in this world of excess.

She took a deep breath, steadying herself for what was to come. It was her first time attending a "business" party with the brothers, and she was excited to see what they did in their line of work. Little did she know, this night would change her life forever.

A woman came to greet them- dressed to the nines in a pink gown. "Oh my," the woman cooed, fluttering her heavily mascaraed eyelashes. "Such a lovely girl you have married, Jasper," she continued, her voice dripping with a sickly-sweet tone.

Iris frowned, immediately sensing the woman's insincerity. She could practically hear the condescension hidden beneath the woman's words.

"I never knew your taste would change to such an innocent and young type," the woman continued, her voice laced with mockery. "I thought you preferred-"

But before she could finish her sentence, Jasper cut off with a gentle voice, "Baby, let's go have some lemon tarts." He took Iris's hand and led her away from the woman, effectively cutting her off.

As Iris and Jasper walked away, the woman in pink stood there, fuming with anger and embarrassment. Her face turned red as she clenched her fists- controlling her rage.

She couldn't believe that Jasper had just ignored her like that, whisking away his innocent little bride as if she was nothing more than a child.

How dare he treat her with such disrespect?

The woman's mind raced with dark thoughts as she watched the couple disappear into the crowd. She would make sure they paid for this humiliation, one way or another.

Damn you bitch, she clenched her fist. How dare you still those brothers from me.

With a final scowl, the woman stormed off in the opposite direction, determined to find a way to get her revenge.

"Who was she?" Iris blinked. She already had an idea about the woman in pink. Yet, she remained indifferent, trusting the brothers' unwavering loyalty.

Despite the brothers' past cruelty towards her, Iris couldn't bring herself to hate them. Their unwavering devotion had sewn the last thread of love in her heart.

"His previous fling," Elias deadpanned. Jasper kicked his shin, but Elias was quick to avoid it. "You don't need to worry about it," Jasper said, his voice laced with desperation and shame. Why did I fuck around so much?