06

Chapter 6 - An arranged coincidence

I need books.

I need books.

Iris kept repeating it in her mind. Walking through the bookstore, her hands brushing through the spines of the book.

Her mind gets lost in thoughts. She freely walked around the aisle.

Her life had returned to normal. Simply about books and hacking.

When she reached home that day, her curiosity itched her to search about them. She opened Google and searched their name. She clicked on the recent article about them.

The Sinclair Brothers once again gained another company line. The Bridge industries collapse as their CEO Felix Bridge gets into an accident burned to death. Blames the drunk truck driver. Sinclair Corp buys the company which was currently running under loss and saves hundreds of employees from losing their jobs. They also donated 10 million dollars to the government for traffic regulations and safety.

Their kindness touched many hearts. It's such a good thing to have such considerate people who think about society and give back to them.

In the recent interview, Jasper Sinclair mentioned how sorry he felt for Mr. Bridge's death. He attended his funeral with his twin brother Elias Sinclair paying their heartfelt condolences to his wife and kids.

He was a good competitor, Jasper said with a sad smile. Elias as usual said nothing, but one could see he was sincere in his condolences.

Her heart trembled when she read about the Bridge. Poor guy, she sighed. Her naïve mind believed the article and thought Felix died in an accident. Not knowing he was brutally tortured and murdered by the brothers.

She frowned at the information her guts told her there was more to the story. Getting more curious, she opened multiple tabs.

She clicked another article.

Sinclair Corp. starts a new charity organization for orphans.

That's so nice, she appreciated it. Little did she know they were the ones who made those kids orphaned. It was just smart business. Killing their enemies in cold blood yet appearing as saints.

They were devious.

Sinclair brothers were nominated for the CEOs of the year. Will they win for the third time again?

The famous actress Giana says Jasper Sinclair is her ideal type.

Elias Sinclair rejects Lauren's public confession. The supermodel cried for weeks.

They are famous, gentlemen, and charitable. She read the articles.

But then--

Not everything on the internet is true. Even news channels are sometimes false; she remembered Rhea's mom telling her while growing up.

Should I hack them and check their company information, is it true? She contemplated.

Don't be nosy. Already being once you were called for a meeting and mildly threatened, her subconscious reminded.

She was scared of the brothers. Something about them gave her an ominous feeling. Since she was not going to meet them anywhere in the future, she kept away from overthinking.

Just stay away from them.

She recovered her thoughts. Focus on books. She picked up a copy of serpent and dove.