~.+The Chamber of Secrets+.~

Start from the beginning

~.+Time Skip+.~

Not again! (Y/N) hurried out of the library right before closing time and literally ran to the Slytherin common room. How could she have not kept track of time?!

As (Y/N) came closer to the common room, she saw someone sneak out of the common room and head towards somewhere. It was Tom.

(Y/N) considered ignoring him, but her curiosity got the best of her

(Y/N) considered ignoring him, but her curiosity got the best of her. So (Y/N) followed him silently, and watched in slight horror as he entered the girls bathroom.

What on Earth was he doing there?! But (Y/N) confidently followed him, and peeked inside the bathroom. Inside, Tom was talking to the sink in a language (Y/N) had never heard before.

Suddenly, the sink opened and revealed a tunnel going down into the dark abyss. (Y/N) almost screamed, but forced a hand over her mouth to stop her from doing that. She saw Tom jump into the tunnel, and (Y/N) hurried over to see where he had gone.

But all she saw was darkness. She noticed that the sink was starting to reassemble itself, so she hesitantly jumped into the tunnel as well.

She slid down into the darkness, and soon dropped onto the concrete floor. As she stood up, she saw Tom a few ten metres away from her, walking quickly to a certain place.

(Y/N) quickly dusted herself up and followed him quietly. Tom then stopped at a round door, decorated with a few snakes. She then heard Tom whisper the same language again, and the snake started to move, opening the door.

Tom entered it without any hesitation, and (Y/N) quickly followed him. It was a chamber. (Y/N) recognised this...atmosphere. It was the chamber from the legends.

The Chamber of Secrets.

(Y/N) knew there was no point of hiding anymore.
"Tom! What are you doing here?!" As he heard her voice, Tom turned around. But surprisingly, he didn't look shocked at all. Instead, he had a rather calm but painful expression on his face.

"I knew you were going to follow me." he said calmly, gazing at her with an unknown emotion reflecting in his eyes.
(Y/N) snarled. "You didn't answer my question. This is the Chamber of Secrets, right? Why are you here?!"

Tom blinked. "You're smarter than I thought. You know your History better than your Potions."
(Y/N) didn't laugh.

"Yes. This is the Chamber of Secrets. I will answer all your questions. I came here to show you that I am not all charming as you may think." he stated.

"I am the Heir of Salazar Slytherin. I speak parseltongue. I am a monster."

(Y/N) processed all the things that he suddenly confided, but was unfazed by his statment explaining that he was a monster.

"You're not a monster, Tom."

Her sudden speech made Tom's eyes widen, but he quickly turned his back on her.
"Well I am. Your thoughts are wrong." (Y/N) clenched her fists.

"Is this why you were acting so cold this morning?! Because you thought I would leave and forget you all because that you're the Heir of Slytherin?!"

Tom turned around to stare at her with slight shock in his eyes.

"Well that's foolish of you! You're human, and I am too! What's so wrong about being able to speak parseltongue? Nothing! So please...just...don't ignore me like we never knew each other."

As (Y/N) finally finished her long speach, Tom sighed and looked at her with a softened expression.
He took a few steps towards her and abruptly hugged her tightly.

"Thank you."

(Y/N) blushed furiously and hugged him back awkwardly.
After the two separated, he held out something. A dandelion.

"I...A dandelion..?"

Tom nodded slowly. "I found it in the Hogwarts garden and wanted it to give it to you. It means hope and healing. When it blooms into a puffball, it means a different thing."
He then beckoned her to somewhere.
"Follow me. I know a way out."

But before (Y/N) could catch up to him, Tom said something.

"Your reaction was...unexpected. But..I truly thank you. For not being like the others." he murmured, looking into her eyes.
(Y/N) pouted playfully, relieved by his softened behaviour.
"I didn't want to lose you. You're my friend...right?"

Tom didn't hesitate in replying.

"Right."

~.+*+.~

2022/4/17

1405 Words