13. Accident

Sebastian was behind the wheel, with Oliver sitting in the passenger seat as they drove down the road. They were on their way to get boba for everyone when suddenly, a car swerved into their lane, heading straight towards them.

"Seb, watch out!" Oliver yelled, gripping the door handle tightly.

Sebastian's reflexes kicked in, and he swerved the car sharply to avoid the collision, but in the process, the car skidded off the road and crashed into a tree with a loud impact. The airbags deployed, and Sebastian's head hit the steering wheel, causing a gash on his forehead.

"Seb!" Oliver cried out, quickly checking himself for injuries. He was relieved to find that he was relatively unscathed, but his younger brother was slumped in his seat, unconscious, blood trickling down from his forehead.

Oliver's heart pounded in his chest as he reached out to gently shake Sebastian, calling his name urgently. "Seb, wake up! Come on, Sebby, open your eyes!"

Sebastian groggily stirred, his vision blurred, and he felt a sharp pain in his head. "Oli?" he mumbled weakly, struggling to focus on his older brother's face.

"Yeah, it's me," Oliver said, relief flooding his features. "You're going to be okay, Seb. Just stay with me, buddy."

Sebastian winced as he tried to move, but the pain in his head intensified, and he felt lightheaded. "What...what happened?" he asked, his voice barely above a whisper.

"We had a close call with another car," Oliver explained urgently. "You managed to avoid the collision, but we crashed into a tree. You hit your head, and you're bleeding."

Sebastian frowned, trying to process the information. "I...I don't remember," he said, feeling disoriented.

Oliver's concern deepened, but he remained composed. "It's okay, Seb. Just try to stay awake, alright? Help is on the way."

Sebastian nodded weakly, his eyes fluttering as he fought to stay conscious. He could feel the warmth of Oliver's hand on his shoulder, providing comfort and reassurance.

"Seb, you're doing great," Oliver encouraged, his sweet smile appearing despite the worry in his eyes. "Just hang in there, Sebby. You've got this."

Sebastian tried to focus on Oliver's voice, but his vision blurred further, and he felt his strength fading. He struggled to stay awake, but the darkness closed in, and he slipped into unconsciousness.

Oliver's heart clenched as he continued to call Sebastian's name, desperately trying to get a response. He anxiously awaited the arrival of the emergency responders, keeping a firm grip on Sebastian's hand, refusing to let go.

Minutes felt like hours until the ambulance arrived, and paramedics quickly assessed Sebastian's condition. They gently loaded him onto a stretcher and rushed him to the hospital, with Oliver by his side.

In the hospital, Sebastian was treated for his head injury and kept under observation. Oliver never left his side, staying by his side, holding his hand, and reassuring him every step of the way.

After a tense few hours, Sebastian gradually regained consciousness, albeit groggily. He blinked up at Oliver, who was sitting by his bedside, relief flooding his senses.

"Hey there, Seb," Oliver said softly, smiling with tears in his eyes. "You had us all worried."

Sebastian tried to smile, but his head still throbbed, and he felt weak. "What...what happened?" he asked again,

Oliver gently explained the events that had transpired, how Sebastian had avoided a collision with another car but crashed into a tree, resulting in his head injury and temporary loss of consciousness. Sebastian listened attentively, gradually piecing together the fragments of his memory.