Chapter 17: Leaving Alabasta

Beginne am Anfang

"Hm, I don't know," Vivi put an obviously sarcastic thinking face on before pointing her sass back at me. "Maybe basically single-handedly running a kingdom and being so in touch with your people that they encourage you to leave because of all you've done and on top of that saving another princess' country within the span of less than a week?!"

Vivi and I stared at each other silently as we caught our breath, not letting the other gain the upper hand of this mental battle.

The blue haired princess across me grabbed my shoulders desperately as she smiled at me desperately. "Seriously Y/n, you think I haven't noticed how you've been feeling lately?"

My eyes widened, completely letting down my guard as I forgot that the girl in front of me has known me for years.

Vivi stared into my eyes with a soft, sympathetic expression, "You are here because this is the life you were meant to live. Growing up as kids you've always been reckless and a ball full of life, craving for adventure!" She chuckled, memories seemingly passing through her mind, "Not to mention you have your moms blood in you. It'd be weird if you were content with staying cooped up on that island!"

I sighed tiredly, looking at her defeated as all the emotions I've been trying to push down come rushing back up, "I think you're more like my mom than I am."

Vivi shook her head immediately at this, a knowing smile on her face as she dropped her hands from my shoulder and stepped away, "You're a lot like your mom, Y/n. You just don't know it yet."

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion as she smiled at me with determination, her eyes glazed over with determination as she spun on her heel and walked out the room.

~•~

"Say, Alabasta had such good meals!" Luffy chewed on a piece of meat as we rode on Karoo's friends back to the ships. He turned to Sanji with a grin, "Sanji! Make them for me sometime!"

Sanji nodded, as he inhaled the contents of his cigarette before letting out a puff of smoke, "Yeah, I was interested in them too so I asked Terracotta-San for recipes."

We rode in silence a little before Chopper began to ask Nami if she was okay, Luffy following in suit.

Sanji spoke out to the ginger who was looking down with a frown, in deep thought, "Nami-chan, you're worried about Vivi-chan right? You guys were pretty close, but there's no use in thinking about it."

My eyes wandered from Nami and onto the blonde cook in front of me. We were down a duck and I knew Nami wasn't in the mood for anything right now so I ended up just asking Sanji if I could ride with him, which he obviously agreed to with no hesitation.

Sanji tried to give Nami a smile, but the girl didn't even glance his way, "Chin up."

A soft smile took over my lips as I watched the man, really seeing how he truly cared about the girl and how it wasn't just lust.

I like this Sanji.

Sanji's woman indicator seemed to go off as he perked up and turned to look at me over his shoulder, "Y/n-swan?"

Before I could say anything Nami started to speak in a low, sad tone. "For the sake of Vivi...I'm willing to...give up the 1 million berries."

"Huh?!"

"It was all cause of the money?!"

"We should've known?!"

I chuckled under my breath at the girls antics and the rest of the crew's reaction.

"Ah! Usopp fell!"

"Leave him be!" Nami snickered as we continued towards the ship.

We had finally reached our ship and Mr.2 called out to us, standing on the railing of the Going Merry.