CHAPTER 12: UNTANGLED ♡

Y/N's POV:
I came home from school it was a long and tiring day. Me and Ahra were helping my homeroom teacher to prepare for the event that was going to be held in our school in some days. And the day became worse after my phone broke when I was putting up a banner.
I went straight to my room, not in a good mood to take a shower. As I came out from the washroom I heard my mom call me from downstairs,
"Y/N come down for dinner."
"Ne (Yes) Eomma coming." I replied though I was not in the mood to eat anything.
I was feeling weird, like something is missing. I was feeling anxious but everything was good right?
I shrugged away the feeling and went downstairs. Being with my family was also not helping me much. I was feeling anxious. After watching some programmes on the T.V, I decided to return to my room. As I sat on my study table my eyes diverted towards the photo frame kept on it. It was a photo of my close friends from college. There were pictures with Ahra and Jimin obviously, Areum Unnie and Namjoon oppa, yoongi oppa, jin oppa, hoseok oppa and Jungkook. My eyes stopped on the corner of the frame and I kept looking at the picture of me and Jungkook. I miss him, I really do. Thinking about him made me feel good. I haven't talked to him for two days now.
I got up from the chair and went towards my sister's room to borrow her phone. Placing the phone on my ear it kept ringing but he wasn't picking up the call. After calling him 2 times I texted him to call me back when he would be free. Returning the phone to my sister I returned back to my room feeling disappointed that I didn't get to talk to Jungkook. I laid on my bed trying to sleep and as I was tired from a busy day sleep engulfed me sooner than I thought.

Time Skip: Next Day
Author's POV:
Walking in the hallway desperately searching for the particular figure the girl was peeking inside every room but couldn't get the glimpse of him. The only place remaining now was the playground, she reached the playground but there too she couldn't stop him. She sighed, stopping on the side of the race tracks thinking where he could be because he had definitely come to school today as his classmates told her.
Not able to find him and not having a freaking phone with her so that she can call him these facts frustrated her. She just kept walking wherever her feet took her while looking down, kicking the stones that came in her way to take out her frustration on them. She looked around and found herself standing in the backyard of the school where all the dumpsters were kept. She sighed to herself looking around,
"Why am I behaving like a crazy person? Let's go back to class Y/N!" She said to herself.
As she turned back to see a certain someone sitting on one of the discarded benches that were kept outside the school. Going near the figure she identified the boy. It was him for whom she was literally roaming across the whole school for 10 whole minutes. She ran towards the bench,
"Yaah you coconut head what are you doing here all alone." She yelled making the boy come out of his dazed thoughts. He looked at her for a few seconds and then again looked in front of him.
"Yaah are you ignoring me now Huh?" Y/N asked, sitting beside him.
"What are you doing here?" Jungkook asked.
"I was searching for you in the whole school and here you were sitting in this desolate place? I am the one who should ask you what are you doing here?" He sighed on hearing her.
There was a long silence, no one spoke to the other, both of them just kept looking at the sky ahead .
"Come'on Kook, let's go back inside the school. I have brought some yummy snacks for us to eat and I'm hungry too please?" Y/N said.
"You can go ahead Y/N. I'll come afterwards." After hearing his dry answers Y/N knew that something was bothering Jungkook.
"Kook is something bothering you? Are you upset with me?"
"No Y/N I'm not I just want to be alone please."
"Yaah I know that something is definitely wrong tell me!!"
" IF I'M SAYING NOTHING IS WRONG THAT MEANS NOTHING IS WRONG WHY DO YOU HAVE TO BOTHER ME LIKE THAT HUH? JUST LET ME BE ON MY OWN AND LEAVE!!" He yelled.
The girl in front of him looked taken aback after his sudden outburst but did not move from her place to leave.
Jungkook took a deep breath to calm himself down, instantly regretting the fact that he shouted at Y/N.
Y/N had never seen Jungkook lose his calm and she knew something was very wrong with him she didn't feel bad that he yelled at her she knows better than anyone that when going through a rough patch one can explode their frustrations like this so she didn't mind moreover she was concerned about him more now.
She didn't speak another word to him, letting him take his time to calm down.
"Why are you still here Y/N?" he said, burying his face in his palms.
She came closer and patted his back to let him know that she was there for him.
He looked at her after some time and saw her smiling at him.
"Why are you smiling at me like that? He asked her.
"Ohh shouldn't I smile. I thought it would make you feel better." She said pouting.
He let out a chuckle and said, " You really are a pabho."
" I am okay with being called a pabho but look you are smiling now too." She let out a bigger smile than earlier and kept looking forward.
Jungkook looked at her and thought to himself,
"I don't wanna fall for you Y/N knowing the fact that I would never get to be with you. But being with you like this makes me fall for you even more. Even when I am trying to push you away from me with all my force, you are coming back to me with the equal amount of force and making me feel things which are making me a mess and the interesting thing is that even when I know this will leave me in a messy state still I don't wanna come out of the mess."
"Yaah answer me what made you so upset?"
Y/N's question brought him back to reality.
He blinked his eyes for a few seconds processing her question in his mind.
" You tell me Y/N isn't there anything that you want to tell me?" Instead of answering he questioned her back.
Y/N furrowed her eyebrows but then the thought of Taehyung's confession struck her.
"D-did you talk to Taehyung ?" She asked.
He just nodded showing no expression, his eyes blank and his face was holding an unknown expression that she couldn't understand.
"Y/N look I don't mean to intervene in your personal matters and it doesn't concern me but it is something that is related to the people whom I lo- adore."
"I understand your concern Kook but you really don't need to worry about it. I have found a way to handle it which will be the best for both of us and will end this mess."
Y/N said that she is understanding his concern but in reality she isn't able to understand the reason behind his concern the way he reacted earlier was like he was getting directly affected by it.
"I'm sorry Y/N I really do feel guilty about masking my curiosity to know your decision about the confession in the form of concern. But I just couldn't stop myself from asking it to you because I'm scared that I would have to hide my feeling forever within me without telling it to you.And I don't want to feel the pain of losing you to someone else, seeing you with someone else, laughing in someone else's arms. I just can't bear the sight of you being away from me. It scares me. You call it cringy or being dramatic or whatever but this is my love for you." Jungkook thought to himself.
"Let's go inside shall we? And one more thing Jungkook behaved normally with me like how you would behave with me before all this." Y/N asked him.
"Sure Y/Niee he said pinching her cheeks."
"Even if I have to hide my pain for now I'll hide it just to see you happy. Worrying about the future I don't wanna ruin the time I'm getting to spend with you in the present. I'm grateful that you are by my side at least for now."  Jungkook thought and they both started walking inside the school.