"Your heart only knows love and I do not doubt that love you have for her won't fail her. The way the two of you got along the few times we saw her was evident enough. She will feel safe, loved, cared for, and nurtured in our care because she will experience all those things. From both of us and everyone else important in our lives. There will be times where we will have to discipline her or tell her, no, but that's part of parenting. And when it happens, I don't want you to see it as we're failing her. I want you to see it as parenting and love." 

Ellie's cries have slowly diminished, light gasps coming from her as she tries to steady her breathing. I use the neckline of my shirt to wipe away the tears that have streamed down her face, unfazed by the collection of mascara now on my shirt. 

Ellie moves closer to me, almost knocking me off the bed and onto the shag carpet. I grab her arm for support as I adjust myself, letting her rest her head on my chest and her thigh between mine. "Thank you," She mumbles into my shirt before lifting her head to peck my jawline with her lips. 

"Anything for you, my love." 

***

"We decided on pink champagne for our cake flavor," I reveal. Jacqueline's face lights up on the laptop screen as she writes down our decision. 

"I love it! Champagne cakes are becoming increasingly popular with our younger clientele." Jacqueline says while taking her eyes off her notepad for a brief second. 

For the last two weeks, Ellie and I went back and forth between a more uncommon flavor, champagne, and a more traditional flavor, vanilla for the base of our wedding cake. We both liked the taste of the champagne cake; the notes of sweet vanilla pair well with our choice of Italian buttercream. However, we knew it was an acquired taste, one not everyone would be in favor of, which is why we almost chose vanilla. Ultimately, the choice came down to the fact pink champagne was the flavor Ellie and I both admired and it was our wedding, not our guests. 

A three-tiered, pink champagne cake with layers of fresh strawberries and Italian meringue buttercream was officially Ellie and I's wedding cake of choice. 

I look over my shoulder at Ellie who is grinning ear to ear as her attention is on Jacqueline. I'm not sure if it's the confirmation of our wedding cake or something else. Either way, it's a beautiful sight, one that I could stare at forever. And one I soon will be able to. 

The three of us go over a few more critical points at the three-month mark. As more and more things on our checklist are being completed, I am full of glee and joy. The thought of marrying the love of my life is unfathomable. The thought of having a love of my life is just as incomprehensible. 

I'm unsure how long I have spaced out, fawning over my fiancee. I am snapped back into reality when I hear Ellie calling my name. 

"Jacqueline was calling your name." 

I turn back to the computer screen with a bashful smile as I apologize. She brushes it off, unaffected by my lack of attention during this conference call. 

"I just wanted to wish you both good luck. I know you have an important week coming up." 

I feel Ellie's arm slide across my waist as she pulls me in closer, her face beaming with glee. 

"Don't forget, I'm here to help you both plan your dream wedding. Don't sacrifice time with your little one to do things you already pay me to do." Jacqueline reminds us. Ellie and I both nod our heads in agreement and recognition. 

We wave goodbye to Jacqueline as our conference call comes to an end. 

Ellie's grip on my waist gets tighter as if she's silently asking for my attention. I turn my head, my eyes immediately finding hers. My lips curl into a smile instantaneously. 

"Are you okay? You seem distracted?" she asks, using her fingers to brush a few fallen strands of hair behind my ear. 

I nod my head up and down. As Ellie's hand rests on my cheek, I turn my head, kissing the inside of her wrist tenderly. "Just thinking about you," I respond. 

She looks down and blushes, a sheepish grin plastered on her face. 

I take the initiative, lifting her chin with my hand and leaning forward, capturing her bottom lip between mine. She reciprocates instantly, her lips moving in perfect sync with mine. As Ellie runs her tongue against my top lip I lose it. I wrap my arms around her waist, picking her up. She grunts at my assertiveness and unexpectedness. I place her on my lap gently, letting her get comfortable before she wraps her legs around my waist. 

Impatiently, I caress down her sides, letting one hand slip underneath her shirt. I moan into her mouth as my fingertips come in contact with her smooth skin. 

Ellie breaks apart from the kiss, a panting mess. I lock eyes with her as my heavy breathing continues. "You know, when Isabella arrives, we won't be able to do this as often," she says. 

"What do you mean?" 

Ellie sighs, slightly nervous about the topic. "I wouldn't want her to walk in on us or anything. Plus I'm sure we'll have our hands tied balancing our jobs and having a kid." Ellie's lips curl into a small, short-lived smile when the word 'kid' escaped her lips. 

I keep my hand underneath her shirt, slowly pushing it further and further up her abdomen until I reach the underwire of her bra. She shudders under my touch. I smirk knowing how I can turn her on with a simple touch. 

"Then how are siblings created?" I ask, letting my finger run over her bra. 

"I-I- uh-" Ellie studders, at a loss for words. 

I attach my lips to her neck, leaving a trail of light kisses down to her collarbone. "You know I'm right." 

Ellie pulls back, letting my lips disconnect from her tender skin. She quickly replaces it with her own lips, this time taking the initiative, capturing my lower lip between her lips. 

_______________________

Sorry, it was short. In the next chapter, Isabella moves in!