Take 6| Scene Stealer

____________

Off The [•Rec]

Take 6
Scene Stealer
________________________

Hana once again found herself sitting in Miyeon's office. She was idly flipping the pages of a random fashion magazine in which she had no interest whatsoever. "How about this one?" Miyeon cheerfully asked about the dress she had prepared by keeping Hana in mind.

"This is the latest outfit I kept in your wardrobe."

Hana raised her head to shift her gaze from the magazine to the dress she was about to wear at the party that night. It was a silver coloured backless gown which had thin sleeves crisscrossing across the back.

All of a sudden, Donghyuk's voice buzzed in her head. "Too tight fitted." Hana shook her head to ignore the thoughts. He doesn't know what he is talking about. I am a model after all. I am supposed to wear tight fits.

But just in case—

"What is the size though?"

"Of this dress?" Miyeon asked, giving it a little wave. Hana nodded. "Both this one and the one I had worn at the last party." She tried to read through her stylist's skeptical expression. "I mean —"

"Why do you want to know?" Miyeon quired to prevent her from hesitating. "Just like that. It wasn't uncomfortable or anything." Hana avoided eye contact as she bluntly lied about it.

"You are very skinny, Hana. I customised it in a way so that your beautiful curves show vividly." Miyeon attempted to reassure her that she knew the best. "Yeah, I thought so as well."

Hana scanned her reflection in the mirror. The outfit hugged her measures perfectly. Her hair was lightly curled, laying loosely over her shoulder and back. "You look perfect."

"Do I? I don't know why but I am getting really nervous right now. I heard huge celebrities are going to be there and the host is super rich." Hana clasped her palms together.

"Well, don't be. I know the host. He is Jungkook's dad, a very nice person." Miyeon softly patted her head to calm her down. "Wait, what?" Her eyes widened. "Why him again? Is he going to be there too?"

Miyeon nodded, narrowing her eyes. "Yeah, I sent his outfit to his apartment this morning. Why? Is that gonna be a problem?"

"No." Hana plopped down on the couch. "Who am I kidding? Yeah! I mean—it shouldn't be a problem. But I am already so nervous. I don't know what I may do if he irritates me on top of that."

"You will be fine, Hana. You are professional enough to deal with him."

"I know." She let out an exasperated sigh.

Jungkook was talking to some of his childhood acquaintances, most of whom lived in abroad and currently visiting the country. Hana's hazel brown coloured eyes found him as soon as she had come.

He was dressed in a black coloured suit with a white shirt underneath. The first three buttons of his shirt were undone. His hair was parted in a way so that his forehead was visible. He was laughing while conversing with them but none of it reached his eyes which did not sit well with Hana.

Another thing, Hana did not like was that his arm was wrapped around the waist of some actress whose face seemed familiar. She tore her gaze off of them. Why would I care?

"Drink for a pretty lady." Hana looked up to meet a pair of wide eyes. His hair was completely slicked back, giving him a maturer look. She knew this person. "Kim Taehyung," she muttered the name of a popular basketball player.

"Yeah," he said, flashing his gorgeous smile. "And you are Park Hana, the general crush of our basketball team." A pink hue flashed on the female's cheeks. This man definitely knows how to flirt. Still she decided to compose herself. "Well, where are your team members then?"

At that moment, Jungkook's eyes landed on them. They were having light conversations with occasional laughter and a lot of smiling. His eyebrows twitched. For some reason unknown to him, it was getting on his nerves.

What's she doing here? And who the fuck is she talking to?

"They were not invited. So I am gonna take full advantage of this situation." Hana stared at him with confusion. The male stretched his hand out. "May I have a dance?"