Take 4| On The Monitor

____________

Off The [•Rec]

Take 4
To Monitor
________________________

Hana took a glance around her, moving her eyeballs side to side. She took slow steps towards the park up front which was so quiet that she felt she would not be surprised if she disturbed a ghost living there who just wanted some peace.

She dragged her legs which felt extremely heavy. Did I gain weight? The female shook her head. Impossible. Her current diet would never let her gain weight. I'm just tired-exhausted as fuck.

Hana seated herself down on the nearest bench from the gate. She took another quick glance around. The park was commonly used by the people who lived around her current accommodation.

Nice place though-might as well come back tomorrow morning to jog or something. She thought to herself for a short moment since she was soon brought out of her trance by a nudge on her leg. The female was supposed to freak out but she was too tired to even react. Let's apologize to the ghost and blame it on Seojun.

She looked down as she was greeted by a cat calling ever so softly. It was a black Persian cat with bright brown eyes which seemed to shine in dark.

Her lips curved upwards into a smile. "Gosh!" Hana took the cat in her arms. "Thank you so much for accompanying me. Did I look so lonely? Or are you also lonely like me?"

The cat repeated his response. "Don't mind him. It's his first time having a conversation with someone." This time Hana got startled hearing an unknown male voice all of a sudden.

There were certain lamps around them but the lights coming from them were still not enough to see his face properly. Hana could only see a man of handsome proportions walking towards her.

He was wearing a black t-shirt of short sleeves and grey sweatpants. His hair was slicked back, clearly with sweat. Who is he? A stalker?

Hana was getting genuinely scared at that time. Should I call Seojun? She fiddled with the hem of her dress. Wait-did I leave my purse in the car?

In the process of her thoughts, the guy had already seated himself beside her. Hana had finally come to her senses when the cat jumped into the guy's lap from hers.

The female slowly turned her head at him. His face flashed in her mind for a brief second but she could not exactly remember who he was. "I know you," she mumbled without realising.

Donghyuck let out a soft chuckle. "You actually don't but you have seen me earlier during your heated argument with director Jeon. I am his apprentice. Advance apologies for your disappointment."

"No." Hana waved her hand with a half smile. "I seem to bump into people related to him alot nowadays." Donghyuck raised one eyebrow. "Who else?" Hana halted for a second at his way of unhesitatingly questioning. "My new stylist, Kim Miyeon."

He nodded, understanding. "They are best friends if that's even real." Hana bent sideways to get a clear look at his face. "You don't believe in friendship," she stated but it almost came out as a question. "Huh?" Donghyuck became slightly flustered, getting caught so fast.

"The thing you said when you were walking towards me, about this cat—" she patted the Persian which was dozing off on Donghyuk's thighs. "Not having a conversation ever, what did you mean by it?"

Donghyuck moved his hand when Hana accidentally touched it while patting the cat. The sudden unexpected touch sent a shiver down her spine. His hand is oddly cold. The coldness of his hand made Hana strangely want to properly hold it to make it warm. She shook her head to forget this urge.

It would be plainly weird.

"You know—I never talked to it like you did just now. And it kinda lives in my house so—"

"Wait, you never talked to your own cat?"

"Am I supposed to? He can't talk anyway." The male rubbed the back of his head in confusion, causing his hair to get ruffled. Cute. Hana's thoughts were getting constantly strayed.

"He most certainly can. Let me show you. What's his name?" Donghyuck started to avoid eye contact with Hana. "Don't tell me, you didn't even name him." He awkwardly laughed. "Would it be a sin?"

"No if I'm not a sinner by forgetting your name." Hana bit down her bottom lip. She never found the right time to ask his name. The black haired male softly smiled. He always acted by impulse. He never put much thought into anything he did.

It was partly because he did not expect anything from anyone and partly because he was tired most of the time. He strongly believed that everyone was selfish. Still he chose to live in the moment—to smile when someone made him smile.

The person in front of him at that time was quite successful in doing that.

"It's okay. I never introduced myself. I am Lee Donghyuck. What can I call you?"