3

(Gem)

I woke up back in me and Impulse's apartment, my head feeling like a swarm of bees were buzzing around inside.

Speaking of Impulse, the moment I groaned at sat up, the dwarf waddled in as quick as possible, a look of concern warping his beaded face.

"What happened? Stress pulled your unconscious body out of that warehouse." he demanded. Frowning, I shook my head. That person in there was clearly dangerous.

"I don't remember. Honestly." I lied easily. He narrowed his eyes but nodded.

"Makes sense. Got hit pretty hard. Skizz said you have a concussion. Take it easy for a few days, ok?" Impulse explained. I nodded.

"Alright." I said, standing slowly. He didn't stop me as I walked out the door and into the hallway.

A man stood outside, waiting. He wore ratty dress pants, a dress suit vest, and a white dress shirt with the sleeves ripped off showing his muscular arms and the winding tattoos up them. A red tie dangled from his neck. Skizz, a close friend of Impulse's and like another father to me.

Skizz nodded to me before heading inside in a hurry. He shut and locked the door behind him. Frowning, I pressed my ear against the rotting wood.

"-Outsider landed about two nights ago. A few of my men down at the docks saw her watching them, a massive, bloodstained axe in her hand and a wolf and cat in tow. Said she looked like she had murder in her eyes before turning and walking away." Skizz explained. A deep sigh from Impulse.

"You think that's who Gem ran into? If so, why isn't she dead?" Impulse said after a moment. Silence.

"Well, she does look sixteen. Mabey that's what this visitor thought?" Skizz suggested.

"Possibly. We need to send a search party there, well-armed. Well, as well armed as we can in Boatem." Impulse said, his mind set.

"We don't know how dangerous she is, Imp! We need to talk to Mumbo about this. We can't just send in a group of people in with weapons." Skizz practically shouted.

"Well, we can't tell Mumbo either! He'll just go right to Ren, and we all remember how that ended last time." Impulse snapped stubbornly. Skizz sighed deeply, and I could imagine him pacing and running his hands through his hair as Impulse sat calmly.

"I know. Damnit, I know... I'll find some people." Skizz relented after a time.

I don't know what prompted me to do what I did next. It was probably really stupid.

I went to go find the chick with the two pets and the axe who had almost killed me.

///////////////////////////

(Scar)

I was in my shared Flat in Hermit City with my roommates, Grian and Cub, when the knock came on the door. Jelly meowed, pawing at the door for a moment before hissing and jumping into my lap.

Frowning, Grian stood an opened the door. A moment later I heard a scuffle and some shouting before the sound of something heavy hitting the floor sounded. Cub stood with his knife drawn, cookies scattered on the floor.

I stood and gently put Jelly down, which was my first mistake. My second mistake was looking down as I did.

Cub yelled something right before someone kicked me behind the knees and another shoved me back onto the couch.

"No! I won't let you! You can't take him!" I heard Grian cry.

"Shut up!" Bdubs yelled back, looking up at me as Ren walked in. Cleo followed, holding a black, metal suitcase. Ren pulled a chair up in front of me and shot a nasty look at Bdubs.