Chapter 14: Locking eyes

Start from the beginning

I was contemplating on packing my hair together or leaving it loose.

I decided on the latter. I combed my long lengthy red hair to the back and styled the first two strand to the front.

I checked the mirror briefly and smiled loving what I did to myself briefly.

I grabbed my purse at the lamp stand and files containing the designs hurriedly as I headed to the door.

I glanced briefly at the scattered sitting room with plates and shoes everywhere.
I stopped to pack my plates to the kitchen washing basin as I love to keep my surroundings clean and well kept if not for my hungry condition today.

I dropped the plates into the dish wash basin and cleaned them off before placing them back into their racks and packed my shoes to my shoe stand in the room.

I checked around again and then I knew I was set to head out.

I opened my door only to be welcomed by a gigantic and muscular man standing just outside my door.

I gave him this 'what are you doing outside my door look' I think he got the message.

" Good morning ma'am... I'm Trevor and I'm here to excort you to work as Mr. Gordon is presently out with Mr. Alcantara so if you may please" he said with a feeble smile as he directed his hand to where I don't know. What the hell... Can they just let me breathe in peace. After daydreaming on how I'll board the Cab that'll take me to work. Argggghhhh!

I walked passed him a with forced smile on my face and headed to the elevator with him following like my shadow.

I got down as he walked passed me to the highlander opening the passenger door for me to get in.

" Thank you" I mouthed.

STEPPING OUTSIDE THE COMPANY or Casino I'll say because of the beauty it radiate anytime I set my eyes on it. I walked inside as usual...

" Good morning Ms. Bennett" Maurio greeted with a firm smile

"Morning Maurio" I returned with my beam smile.

I didn't see Celesta as I walked down the long corridor to the elevator that'll take me to my office.

I pressed the button only for me to encounter Raphael Trent again.

"Hey" he said with a polite smile

" Hi" I gave him my feeble smile

"You remember me?" He asked gazing at me

"Sure" I twitched my lip in a smile.

"I haven't been seeing you around" he said again

"Huh... Maybe we've been missing each other" I said then the elevator door opened as another person got in preventing us to talk further.

I stepped out of the elevator but his voice stopped me.

" You have a beautiful hair I must say" he said with a lovely smile.

"Thank you" I replied with my dampened smile tucking my hair strands to the back.

" Next time we meet, you'll have lunch with me" He said firmly and left without waiting for my reply.

This guy must be used to having girls worship at his feet because of his handsome face.

I turned to the other side about to walk away until my eyes lingered at the Glassy elevator at my right which seems someone was inside and before I could avert my eyes away.

The elevator opened revealing the last person I least expected to encounter today. Who else if not the Gorgeous Beast. I froze as our eyes locked.

I didn't know where to turn to. At that moment, I lost every sense of reasoning .

My feet were stuck to the ground as I'm sure he could even hear the heartbeat of mine.

He averted his eyes first and walked away without saying a word more like I didn't even exist. That stung but what was I expecting? I brought this to myself. I can't wait for this six months to be over so that I can think straight again.

I turned to the other direction and walked to my office.

Stefano Pov

A knock at the door

"Come in" I said curtly without looking up from my tablet

"Sir, Mr. Clinton is waiting for you at the Cafe near the Lobby." Ms. Rennes said

"Okay" I replied curtly still using my tablet. I noticed she didn't move.

"Anything else" I briefly asked still on my Tablet

Uhm... Ms. Bennett insisted on coming to work today to submit her design" she said as I looked up.

"What... I mean she shouldn't..." I paused as I realized Ms. Rennes was watching me closely. I hardened my face back.

"Okay" focused back on my tablet

"Sir?" She said like she didn't hear grasp what I just said or was I supposed to say something else

"What?"

"Sir, I mean you should convince her not come b...

" Excuse me! If she want to come let her come, it'll make our work faster" I said in a breath dismissively shutting her up as she left my office abruptly.

I shut my eyes and rest my head back. Why do I even care? I hate this feeling.

Just six months and everything will be back to normal. I just have to be patient.

I stood up, shut my Tablet and grabbed my phone along with suit jacket to meet with my Client at the Cafe.

We kept talking business but I could not even gasp what he was saying as I was lost in my own world. I tried to concentrate

I kept nodding to anything and everything he said.

" Mr. Alcantara what do you think?" He said as I try to recall at least a word from everything he said but I couldn't.

"Uhm... we'll talk again... " I tried to say regaining my composure. He nodded and shook my hand with a polite smile.

I left the Cafe , people kept stopping to greet me but I could not even regard them as I kept strolling to the elevator.

After the long wait in my elevator, the door opened revealing the least person I expected to encounter... I clutched my phone tightly as our eyes locked.

I felt electrified but I kept moving and I walked passed her with the last control left in me...

Why does she have to look so beautiful and innocent with her glowing red flaming hair?? I opened my door and shut it behind me releasing the breathe I didn't know I was holding.

Oh God what's wrong with me?
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Lovelies... I lost my phone or rather it was stolen...long story actually! and this book manuscript is on it so I had to start again? Terrible right?

So how's is this update? Please you'll bare with me as updates may be slower than normal... and leave a kind comment for me... I'm still sad as it is but because of my love for writing. I can't give it up.

Don't forget to Vote...

Love you, Ria🍒