Chapter 39

Note from author:
I'm so sorry for the late update ㅠㅠ I didn't realise it's been so long... We're reaching the end if the story~ Hope you all have been enjoying :)

Jeonghan stood outside Seunghan's ward. He heard his son's words and Wonwoo and Minji's little argument in the office. His heart broke but he knew it wasn't as painful as what Minji and Seunghan's were facing.

He really didn't mean to sleep with her. He was drugged and made use of but how could he say that? His story would be seen as a joke. What man couldn't protect himself and got drugged so easily?

'Han...?'

Jeonghan turned his head and saw Minji staring at him with Wonwoo's arm around her shoulder.

'Baby'

Jeonghan immediately collapsed to his knees, tears flowing down his face.

'Last night was an accident. I was drugged and made used of. I really didn't do it willingly... I wasn't even the one who texted you to come over'

'This isn't just about us Jeonghan! You scared your son! He was so scared he couldn't even sleep with Seungcheol! He had to stay with me! He is only 5 Han...'

Jeonghan stayed silent. He knows he had deeply hurt his entire family.

'Dr Jeon! Patient in Ward 2B requires your help!'

'Please excuse me. Will you be ok?'

'Yeah, I'll be fine. Go do your job'

Wonwoo released his hold on Minji's shoulder and left with the nurse who called him.

'Han, get up. Let's go visit Seungie'

Minji walked past him and entered Seunghan's ward, with Jeonghan following her through the door a few seconds later.

'Get out'

'Seungie...'

'Get out!'

*Beep beep beep*

'Leave first Han... Seunghan's heart rate is rising too much. Seungie... calm down. Breathe in and out'

Jeonghan had barely walked into the room and his son was already chasing him out, not even wanting to see him. The sight of him even made his heart rate increase. How he wish he didn't leave dinner the night before.

Jeonghan turned and left, staring at Seunghan crying in Minji's arms while she tried to calm him down. He silently shut the door and collapsed against the wall, tears flowing down his face.

For the next few days, Jeonghan only stood outside the door and stared into the ward through the blinds, not wanting to be noticed by Seunghan. He ran into Minji and Seungcheol multiple times but no words were ever exchanged except for a hurt look on Minji's face and anger from Seungcheol. Wonwoo could only feel empathy towards his hyung. He knew Jeonghan regretted his actions but what's done was done.

Finally, Seunghan was discharged and Seungcheol insisted they stay in his house.

(Present time)

'Seunghannie~?'

'Eomma'

'Come here'

Seunghan put down his toys and carefully patted Youngji's hair, not wanting to wake his sleeping sister up.

Minji patted her thigh and Seunghan climbed onto her lap.

'Baby, are you still mad at appa?'

'He hurt eomma'

'But he is still your appa... It was a one time mistake, don't you think you should forgive him?'

'What if he hurts you again?'

'He won't, baby. I'm sure you miss appa'

'I don't want to forgive him'

'I'm sure Youngji missed appa too... and remember your storybooks always taught you to learn to forgive because everyone makes mistakes? Like that time when you accidentally pushed Youngji and she sprained her leg, she forgave you right?'

Seunghan stayed quiet, thinking about Minji's words.

'You're right, sorry eomma'

'No need to apologise to me baby, I just hope you can forgive your appa'

'I will'

'Good boy, go play with your toys and you can tell Youngji the good news when she wakes up'

'Okay!'

Seunghan ran back to his toys as Minji smiled.

'Minji'

Minji turned and saw Seungcheol heading to his room so she followed, knowing he wanted to talk about something not in front of the kids.

'Are you sure about forgiving Jeonghan?'

'They have a family presentation next week and I don't want them to be mocked by other kids or parents just because they don't have a father around'

'So this is solely for them to not be mocked?'

'They need a father figure and I know Jeonghan really regrets what he did'

'I really hope you are right Minji'

Minji left the room, not wanting Seungcheol to convince her otherwise.

(Jeonghan)

He lied in bed, staring at the ceiling. It has been weeks and he hasn't left his room other than to shower. He scrolled through his contacts every minute, hoping to see Minji's number appear. Mingyu had nearly murdered him and forced a divorce but Jeonghan managed to pull out recording of Secretary Lee drugging him, which helped him barely scrape past a divorce.

*Ding dong*

Jeonghan ignored the doorbell. Mingyu would just enter the house after ringing 2 times.

*Knock knock*

'Why bother knocking? You would still barge into my room either way'

'It's me...'

Jeonghan immediately jumped off his bed and opened his room door, pulling the person into a wan hug.

'You came back. Please forgive me angel... I really didn't-'

'I'm not here to listen to you apologise. I'm only here to help you fix your relationship with your children. They have a presentation about family next Monday. I hope you will turn up to support them. This is your last chance, Han. It took a lot of effort to convince Seunghan to forgive you'

'I know... I promise to turn up'

'Don't make promises you can't keep'

With that, Minji left the house, tears trickling down her face, holding herself back from running back into his arms and wanting to scold him for not taking care of himself. He was visibly thinner and unshaven. His hair has grown long and he lost the shine in his eyes.