Baby On Board! (1/2)

(this was not a request, but I've decided I'll post the one shots and two shots here too so eh)

pregnant dweam my beloved

I don't know why i'm starting to write more of it just now. As always, late to the party

+++++++++++++++

The day was going wonderfully. Would be what Dream would say if he hadn't woken up that morning, alone in bed and feeling contractions, what was surely his water breaking in the shower and the terrifying thought that his pregnancy was about to end.

That thought might not be such a bad thing, seeing how his baby was already full term (and had been for a couple of days already, in fact) and his body seemed to be quite well equipped to deliver her without complications (according to his doctor), but that didn't end up meaning much to him, when the thought of actually having to give birth had started to terrify and fill him with anxiety over the past month.

A c-section technically existed as an option, but after the boy had gone too curious one day, going down a rabbit hole that consisted of stories that ended with people paralyzed after the epidural or directly not waking up after the procedure, Dream had decided that his daughter would be born as she was originally meant to be, no matter how terrified he was of having to push her out from there; the idea that he could enter an operating room and never come out to see his little girl terrified him even more.

Now, just after getting dressed from the shower and writhing in bed every time a new contraction hit, Dream was beginning to feel more and more tempted to give up on his natural birth plan and succumb to the idea of letting the doctors do all the work for him. Feeling the sweat cover his skin and his hips ache with the preparation for the birth, the boy decided that it was probably time to find George to give him the news. Panting slightly and with shaking legs, Dream made his way to his boyfriend's office, knocking a few times on the door and hoping George would hear him over whatever he was doing on his stream. He hoped his noise canceling headphones would decide to fail now.

"Uh, one sec guys. I need to go do something." He heard him announce from inside, hoping that the older man would also take the precaution of turning off his camera before opening the door. Anyway, Dream hid from the possible visibility of the camera. The last thing he wanted right now was to have thousands of people watching him in all his laborious glory. Uncomfortable, sweaty, sore glory. The door clicked in front of him, and the image of George appeared behind it. "Dream, what's wrong? Is it..."

He was immediately able to catch in his tone the alarm of his boyfriend, looking at him from top to bottom and surely imagining what it would be that he had come to announce.

"I think it's time." He exclaimed, placing a hand on his abdomen and tensing at the pain again, to which George hastily placed a hand over his. "I'm pretty sure I'm in labor."

"Ok." The older man replied simply, looking equally terrified at the announcement, but struggling to keep himself contained. "I'm... I'm gonna go grab everything and- and tell Sapnap to take us to the hospital."

Yes, George still couldn't drive, something that Dream tried not to emphasize too much and that really didn't affect them much, having Dream himself and Sapnap willing to take care of the car. Now, however, Dream was clearly unable to do such a thing (and even if he had offered to do so, he seriously doubted that George would have allowed him to even suggest taking care of driving).

"Don't you have something to do before that?" Asked Dream, watching his boyfriend run out of his office.

"What?" George stopped abruptly, looking at him in confusion and looking scared. Dream pointed to his computer, with an active stream and surely many people wondering where the hell he was.

"Oh- fuck, yeah." Dream chuckled softly, still finding it amusing to hear him swear, even off camera. Another cramp made him wince and hold his breath.

The older man approached his set up, unmuting the microphone and addressing his audience with a hurried "sorry guys, I've gotta end the stream now, bye!" before shutting everything down and resuming his hurried race to grab the hospital bag. Dream then walked to the living room, sitting on the largest sofa next to Patches and dealing with the new contractions, which seemed to start to get more intense and frequent as the minutes passed. To be honest, Dream was starting to worry that this was going too fast. The boy tried to remain calm, stroking the soft fur of his beloved cat while he thought of other things.

Two pairs of hasty footsteps that ran then from the hall burst into the living room and Sapnap exclaimed loudly. "I heard my niece is about to come out?"

"No, not about to." Dream replied quickly, trying not to groan with a strong contraction. "She's just on her way."

With that, the other two ran through the living room, George carrying the bag on his shoulder, looking for keys and taking jackets, before leaving the house, closing the door behind them and leaving Dream and Patches inside. The boy looked perplexed at his little cat, who was purring while looking at the closed door. "Oh god, can you believe those idiots?"

She did nothing more than rub her head lovingly against his palm.

"Guys! I think you may be forgetting something?" Dream then yelled, hearing them outside before they both went back to the door, which was flung open, startling poor Patches, who ran to hide from the sudden loud sound.

"Oops." Sapnap exclaimed with a nervous laugh, reaching out to help him up from the couch. George looked at him from behind the younger one's back, looking embarrassed.

"Yeah, 'oops', you fucking idiots." Dream stifled an unsuspecting gasp, when he got up and felt his little girl suddenly drop, settle between his hips and almost make him stop to squat down and push. He wasn't ready to push, he wasn't even at the hospital yet!

Assisted by the youngest of the three, walking in an embarrassing and awkward posture, with his knees wide apart and feeling as if his baby was about to fall out of him, Dream reached the car, opening the passenger door and getting settled before everyone else in his usual place when he wasn't the pilot.

"Are you sure you don't want to go in the back seat? It's much roomier and you can lay down if you want." George offered, standing by the open door and looking nervously at the sweaty, pained figure of his boyfriend.

"I'm fine here. It's only while we make it to the hospital." He panted, reclining his seat as far as it could go and closing his eyes as a new pain made him grab onto the headrest behind him. "We should fucking hurry though, so you two get in the damn car already."

There was no need to say anything else, both men obeyed whoever carried the baby and therefore had the highest authority, and with that the three (plus one) undertook the trip to the hospital. Dream hoped that what Sapnap had said about "his niece being about to come out" was not true. They were still a long way from reaching the hospital.