Catthew to the rescue 🐱

Description: Matthew and Hanbin are Part Time CAT Cafe workers, and all Matthew wants to do is play with kittens, but everyone is vying for his attention instead?!

——

"Matthew-ya! Can you please bring this to table three?" Keita yelled from the back and Matthew gave him his famous smile and nodded, carrying the tray towards the table.

The girls sitting there met eye contact with him as he flashed them his eye smile and they begin whispering and fan girling. Matthew just shrugged it off, used to it as he started up a conversation with his bright and bubbly personality.

Sung Hanbin, from his position behind the cashier, found himself fighting down a smile and stared at Matthew endearingly.

He thought about when Matthew first started working there, when he would stare at Hanbin with innocent and dreamlike curious eyes and how Hanbin fell in love with his smile at first sight. Matthew had been eagerly offered the position by Keita when he saw that all the cats there seemed to love Matthew.

That's right. They were a full time cat cafe, where customers could eat delicious food whilst playing with cute kittens. He found that most of their regulars, both boys and girls alike, liked visiting just to stare and gossip about the waiters there. Hanbin chuckled at the thought and knew that Keita, Matthew and himself were quite the trio when together.

That had been a year ago and each day, Hanbin could feel himself adoring the cute creature more and more, finding it quite hard to look at Matthew without imagining them as a couple, going on dates everyday and playing with cats together. The thought caused him to let out a hearty laugh and the cat sleeping on the cashier's register only yawned and gave him a side eye.

It trotted off after whacking Hanbin with its tail and bounced towards Matthew purring at his legs until Matthew picked it up and patted it. Hanbin had never been more jealous of a kitten before but in that moment, he wouldn't mind being in Matthews arms and being embraced endearingly. Perhaps he would like it better the other way round, him patting Matthew's fluffy hair until Matthew fell asleep in Hanbin's arms.

Keita strode up to him and whacked the back of his head and hissed out "stop being so delusional during work".

Hanbin only pouted but payed no mind as he continued falling deeper into Matthew's charms.

The girls seemed to have the same thoughts as they began to lean into Matthew and fiddle with his paw-printed apron. Matthew, being the oblivious friend, was too caught up in cooing at the little kitten that Hanbin took the opportunity to protect him.

Mustering a fake smile he shouted out "Seokmae-ya can you please help me out here?!" in a teasing tone as he watched Matthew look at him sheepishly and come back to his station, with a sleeping kitten in his arms.

Hanbin grinned triumphantly at the girls disappointed sighs and put an arm around Matthew.

Keita rolled his eyes at his act as Matthew moved to place the sleeping kitten on a cushion. "Matthew-ya are you excited for today?!"

Matthew turned to the both of them with sparkling gleaming eyes and bounced up and down, portraying his excitement with a happy grin.

He nodded repeatedly and said "Keita-hyung, I'm so so excited! Thank you for agreeing to this!"

Hanbin put his cool facade back on and leaned on the counter.

"Todays the day we get new kittens right Keita?"

Matthew turned to him with doe eyes and took his hands exclaiming "Hanbin-hyung! I knew you'd understand!"

Hanbin felt his heart stutter in his chest as Matthew smiled up at him then waltzed off to prepare the new cat food. Keita scoffed at his delusional self and told him something that made his face drop.