Cafeteria Crisis 🥘

Description: Matthew just wants to eat lunch but somehow ends up involved in an intense competition that's about ... himself?

——

"One two three, one two three. Again!!" Matthew shouts as the Love Killa team proceeded to repeat the same moves over and over again, perfecting it to a tee.

They had been going at it for hours but the masters evaluation was coming up, so it was completely necessary. Matthew, as the leader, had been feeling burdened for a while now, seeing as he and his team needed to do well in order to stay in the Top 9.

"Matthew- hyung, can-" wheeze, "we please" wheeze "take a five minute break?" Gyuvin struggles to say as he keeled over and lay flat on the floor like a fried pancake.

Matthew stared at the visual, lying flat in a pool of sweat and decided to take pity on him. Seo won and Jiwoong were looking at Matthew with the same puppy dog eyes and were in a slightly better condition than the lying pancake. That was holding onto each other for dear life to make sure their legs wouldn't collapse.

Matthew let out a small smile and agreed. "Sure guys, we've all worked hard so let's take a really quick break ok?" He said as he walked over to Gyuvin on shaky legs and shook him.

"Gyuvinnie, are you alright? I'm sorry for pushing you" Matthew whispered, kneeling down and rubbing Gyuvin's back to console him. Gyuvin wordlessly replied with a thumbs up and gave Matthew his famous side eye. Matthew chuckled and went to check on the others.

"How are you guys feeling?" He asked the other two members who were sitting down and discussing their parts.

"I'm alright Matthew!!" Seo won replied with a happy smile whilst Jiwoong said "I can do this all day ~ for you" with a wink.

Matthew blinked twice.

"Ok then" he bluntly stated before sitting down with them. Jiwoongs stares burned into his side as he wiggled closer to Matthew to non-discreetly put an arm over him, earning no reaction from the latter at all.

Seo won was holding back laugher behind his hand and Gyuvin only let out a groan from his fried egg position.

Jiwoong, trying to regain his honour, then leaned into Matthew's ear and whispered "did I make you anxious?"

Matthew spun face to face with his hyung and screamed "YES!"

Jiwoong's face lit up and he thought that he had finally cracked his cute little tough nut. Although his face soon fell after Matthew continued "hyung! That was perfect pronunciation. Keep it up for the stage!" Jiwoong groaned at Matthews obliviousness as Seowon cracked up, nearly in tears and even Gyuvin mastered the energy to stare at Matthew strangely.

Suddenly the door burst open to a smiling Sung Hanbin whose eyes sparkled when he saw Matthew.

"Seok Mae-ya!! Let's go eat lunch together!" He screamed with a bright smile. His grin faltered a little after seeing Jiwoong's arm around Matthew, but he soon straightened with resolve. "Let's go let's go!! Hoetaek hyung finally let us have a break from Tomboy!!"

Gyuvin perked up at the sound of food and just as Matthew was going to claim they were practicing, he noticed Jiwoong and Seowon staring at him pleadingly.

"Let's go" Matthew sighed and caved in as everyone in the room cheered. Matthew  leapt up towards Hanbin, leaving Jiwoong with a sense of loss and took his hand, leading the way to the cafeteria. Too caught up in his imagination of food, he failed to notice Hanbin gripping his hand tighter and turning to grin triumphantly at a frowning Jiwoong.

——

Once they reached the cafeteria, Matthew was greeted by lots of the trainees sitting and eating together. Hanbin felt proud that his best friend had made many friends, but also felt a little sad and jealous that he wasn't the most important person in Matthew's life anymore.