~.+Hogsmeade+.~

Start bij het begin

It was a beautiful sight with the snow falling from the sky. Tom also looked a bit more relaxed than usual, which was a good sign since he was always on guard.

"Wow, it's beautiful..!" (Y/N) murmured, her eyes glimmering in awe. Tom nodded. "For once, your thoughts align with mine." he smirked, putting his hands in his jacket pockets.

The two entered a shop Tom wished to visit, and there were thousands of books on the shelves, and (Y/N) noticed some pretty accessories at one corner. She walked over to look at them, while Tom walked the over opposite way to examine the books.

Then, (Y/N)'s eyes fell upon a silver necklace with a wolf howling in front of the moon as its pendant. It was beautiful, and it was perfect.

November was starting to end, and (Y/N) had managed to learn when Tom's birthday was

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

November was starting to end, and (Y/N) had managed to learn when Tom's birthday was. 31st of December. It was still a whole month away, but (Y/N) thought it was going to be a perfect gift for him.

As she picked up the necklace, the shopkeeper padded over to her with a smile on her face. But (Y/N) shushed her, making the shopkeeper confused.

(Y/N) started to explain. "Hello. I want to purchase this necklace, but in secret." she whispered. "Do you see that boy over there? Yes, him. I want this to be his birthday present."

The shopkeeper caught on on what she was trying to say. "The necklace will be four Sickles and three Knuts." she whispered back. As (Y/N) handed her the money, the shopkeeper put it in a pretty box and wrapped it in silver paper and finished it off with a blue ribbon.

"There you go. By the way, you have a handsome boyfriend." the shopkeeper winked, giggling. (Y/N) blushed and bit her lip shyly.
"He's not my boyfriend." she snapped innocuously. The shopkeeper rolled her eyes playfully. "Alright. Have a nice day." she waved, and walked back over to the counter. Tom then peered over at her direction.

"(Y/N)? Have you decided on buying something?" he asked, holding a book about Dark Magic in his hands. (Y/N) quickly hid the box in her coat pocket. "Nope. You can buy your book; I don't have anything to buy."

Tom hummed in reply and purchased his book, before they exited the shop. They walked back to Hogwarts, but not before (Y/N) thought of a cheeky idea. She slightly walked behind him and formed a snowball with her wand, and grabbed it with her hands.

"Think fast, Riddle!" she shouted, before throwing the snowball at the back of his head. It hit him, making him turn around in shock. As soon as he realised (Y/N) was the culprit, he formed a snowball of his own and threw it at her. But (Y/N) saw it coming and dodged it.

"Hah! Too slow!" she taunted him, making him smirk.
"Wrong." He then formed several, big snowballs with a flick of his wand, and aimed it at her. It hit her all over her body, making her stunned.

Tom crossed his arms in satisfaction. "Too slow, (L/N)." he scoffed, mimicking her past speech. (Y/N) pouted in dismay and defeat, before following him back into the castle. They shook the snow off of their clothes, and (Y/N) realised that he was smiling.

But it was so brief that (Y/N) forgot that he even smiled at all. He then waved his hand.

"I have to participate in my Prefect studies. I will see you later." he said, turning his back to her. Right. Tom had been selected to be a Prefect a few days ago. (Y/N) nodded and waved back cheerfully. She was glad that he had managed to patch up her friendship with Tom, and she now had nothing on her mind.

Well...maybe except for her studies.

~.+Meanwhile with Tom+.~

As Tom walked through the corridor, he went to the Slytherin common room before he went to his Prefect studies. He put his new book on his shelf, and reached out for his diary.

Tom held his eagle feathered quill and started to write in his diary. Most of the time, he only wrote about dark things, but now he started to write about something else. About her.

She was always on his mind. But why? He wasn't able to find out the answer to his query. And it annoyed him to the core. He started to write in his diary, sighing as he did.

I wish I could be more natural to her. More kind. But I am not supposed to.

I am a monster.

I should show her what I really am. Perhaps then she will finally leave me.

Just like everybody else did.

I am doing the right thing. But why does it feel so...wrong?

~.+*+.~

2023/4/15

1372 Words