Entry 8: Coffee

After class, my three trusted friends dragged me to our favorite coffee shop in town. It wasn't Starbucks, but they make the best macchiato I've drunk which cost me only 5 bucks a cup. It was within my budget.

When we settled down at the shop, the girls were quick to interrogated me about last Friday and Monday morning. They know it would be useless if I did something over the weekend. The weekend was what I describe as me time.

First question: Did we kiss? The answer was an easy and definite no. I received a jab and a lot of booing after that.

What do they expect? A Cinderella ending. This was me we are talking about. A girl who rather hibernates, who prefer watching action movies, and would avoid flirting if I knew that they were flirting with me. Was there a certain sign to know someone flirted with you?

I was glad after they've settled down and drunk our money's worth of coffee. I thought after the drink it would be over. No. I was wrong. There were more questions and this time it was about Monday morning.

For me, I think it went better. He talked to me, didn't he? So it meant last Friday wasn't a total lost. After first period, he walked me to my next class. The smile on our faces never left. At some point in that interaction, I giggled like a girl, which biologically I'm one.

Up to this point, everything was like my macchiato, bittersweet.