59 ¦ Not For Sale

Start from the beginning

"Just to be clear," I put in, looking Elle in the eye. "My fiancé would never do something like that to me. What you saw last time came from my father." Actually, it's none of Elle's business, but I don't want her to think badly of Sunghoon. Sunghoon loves me and he would be the last person to intentionally harm me. He has a good heart. Her features soften.

"Oh," she does, "I'm sorry if I offended you with that." Elle's cheeks turn red, whereupon she immediately averts her eyes from me and nimbly hangs the dress back up on the hanger. "It's okay," I assure her, shrugging my shoulders.

It will take me a while to process all that my father has done to me. But with Sunghoon by my side, it's much easier. Since the dress doesn't need any alterations from the seamstress, I buy it right away.

Elle packs it in a garment bag so that it doesn't get wrinkled or dirty on the way home. It also makes it easier for me to hide the dress from Sunghoon, because unlike the other dress, he won't see this dress until I walk down the aisle. I am looking forward to seeing the expression on his wonderful face. I hope that he likes the dress. That he likes me in this dress.

Poor Jungkook, who has been waiting for us for over two hours in front of the bridal fashion store, stows the dress in the trunk while we are already getting into the car. I let Teresa sit in the front again so that she and Jungkook can talk better, because the two of them get along splendidly and have a lot to tell each other.

After Jungkook has driven everyone home, I am glad when I finally get home in the early evening. Sunghoon is not back yet, so I decide to go for a walk to stretch my legs a bit. It is quite cold today, but the weather is beautiful; the sun has been shining all day.

Gradually, however, it is getting late and since winter has already set in, it is getting dark earlier. The sun is gradually setting, so I decide to slowly turn back to go home. Sunghoon will surely be back soon as well.

Just as I'm walking down the street, a voice sounds behind me, sending an icy shiver down my spine. "Dolores?" It's Yeosang.

Yeosang, who has been pretending to like me. Yeosang, who almost raped me on his birthday. Yeosang, whom I would have preferred never to see again.

For a split second, I stop and turn my face in his direction. I open my lips to say something back, but immediately close them again and want to continue on my way hurriedly, but he puts his hand on my shoulder and stops me.

"Wait," Yeosang says hastily, pulling me back. I stumble slightly and hold onto his arm. "It's been a long time since we've seen each other.... Can we please talk?" "I have nothing to say to you, Yeosang ", I reply in a trembling voice and want to free myself from his grip, but Yeosang pulls me even closer to him. His face is suddenly very close to mine and for a fraction of a second I look deep into his eyes before I avert my eyes from my counterpart in disgust.

"I'm sorry, Dolores. Let's start over, please." A snort escapes my lips. "Have you gone completely insane?", I ask him in a raised voice. "I'm getting married soon, and I'm expecting a child. You're history, Yeosang! After what you did to me, I would never give you another chance."

"You're pregnant?" Yeosang asks in shock, staring at my belly, which is so well hidden under my thick coat that it's barely visible. "By him?" "From who else?", I ask angrily, pushing Yeosang away from me.

I take a few steps backward to put distance between us, but he quickly makes up the distance. He grabs my wrists and pulls me to him. This time he holds me so tightly that I can't break free from his grip. "I love you, Dolores," Yeosang says in a quivering voice. "And I know you still love me, too. Somewhere deep inside you, you know that yourself."