C 17 - Steppin' it up with a new ally

Start from the beginning

Lloyd chuckled, his expression loosened and he looked like the lloyd garmadon I knew before. "I...i wanted to ask you..."

"go on"

Finally, lloyd shut his booked at looked directly at me, I still felt my arms wrapped around most of my face. I had his full attention, good? 

"w-why did you ignore me for literally two weeks? I....-" I smiled behind my arms, "I missed you"

But before lloyd could reply, the teacher came in and we got our tests. I took a deep breath and concentrated on my quiz. Most of the questions were fairly easy since I studied prior. I finished it up and at about 10 minutes to spear before the times was up. Of course, lloyd had finished way before I did and was looked out the window, keeping his back to me, the palm of his right hand on his cheek. I couldn't help but sneak a smile and just stare. 

I must've stared for at least 5 minutes, almost abruptly, lloyd turned. I quickly looked down on my paper and tried to make a concentrating face. At the corner of my eye, I saw lloyd looking at me. He doesn't know that I can see him- I blushed. Lloyd looking at me? Well that's new. 

The next minutes passed quickly and the teacher collected the test papers just as the bell rung. "I hope I did well" I said as the teacher took mine to the pile in her arms. More to myself than her "I hope so Mr.Smith" the teacher agreed. 

At lunch;

"so, how was it?" Nya sipped some juice. "pretty easy, since I studied "

"well then, good for you" nya said smugly. "got me this far. Any news about the black ninja or Rushiko?" I lowered my voice, only letting cole, Jay, nya and Zane hear me. Nya shook her head, I looked at the others who shook their heads. "it's quite. Too quite if you ask me" cole mumbled. "the samurai then? Something please" I ended up pleading. Nya bit her lip and  hesitated. "maybe we could check tonight?" 

"I'm going alone. "

"what?!" Jay said. "no way we're letting you go alone, especially since the enemy is targeting you. Not tonight, not ever". Nya nodded in concern. "fine! Quite down! Jay, you come with me. I can't risk all of us getting attacked, if the black ninja or Rushiko are planning something ". At that, everyone nodded in agreement. "another thing, have you seen lloyd?"

"I just don't see how lloyd fits in this conversation"

"I thought we were done with that conversation " I raised an eyebrow at Jay. "so what about lloyd?" Nya broke in, interrupting my kill-the-Jay session. I felt my cheeks stiffen and my lips tighten. "well, uhm.. He's.....-" I tried to place the words, cute? Adorable? His doe eyes are so distracting? "cool and I really want to ask him to prom in a few days? Not as my date of course" 

"okay.... He'll love prom" nya said with an eye roll. "maybe he'll enjoy it for real" 

"if you say so."

"even if I wanted to make him my date, skylor will be breathing down my neck the whole night"

"do you? I mean- make lloyd your date?"

"no-"

Everyone laughed. I blushed hard. "you're lucky he's not here" cole said through the laughter. "thank you for your support." I said with a growl. "tonight. Be ready" and with that the bell rang and we went to our next classes. 

A little while later;

"you're late" Jay looked up at the full moon and said as I climbed up to the roof. "whatever. I could've used this," I took off my glove to reveal my lion charm bracelet. "how-"