🧩12🧩

The plane ride had me lost in thoughts, from my mother, to Renjun, to my life. Part of me wished my love for Renjun didn't stem from our shared past. It made me feel like a complete asshole.

Renjun suffered so much from that, because of that incident his family broke apart. His whole life changed for the worst all the happened to me was the nightmares and the the severe mommy issues.

I was a constant reminder of his truma.

****

Hendery shook me awake, meaning we had already landed in our motherland. "Y/n, we are here do you wanna get some of your favorite dumplings?" he smiled taking our bags.

Jeno and Mark spent some time looking around the airport taking in their new surroundings. "Hendery you need to take us out to eat!" Jeno says with a big grin on his face. Hendery sighed as we waited for our bags. It felt off to see that no one was waiting for me at the airport like they'd normally do when I came by.

"y/n?" Hendery called out to me rolling my luggage along with his. He smiled and held my hand as we began to walk towards the car that was waiting for us. "long time no see," a familiar yet distant voice called out to us. It was Minghao a long time family friend of my mother and a good friend of Hendery. Jeno and Mark introduced themselves to them while Hendery loaded the luggage in the back.

He glanced over to me, "y/n, you look nice, different too did you finally break free from mommy?" he asks looking a me through the mirror. I give him a light smile followed by a nod, "mommy isn't going to control me anymore" he smirked turning on the engine. Minghao also had problems with his father, so he understood very well how I felt. For the longest time his father controlled everything he did until one time he was fed up and left his home.

We had finally arrived at the dumpling place, Renjun and the others were going to meet us there. "wait so your mother got your father killed and she got away with it?" Minghao says after we had caught him up with everything. "does Xian know you are here?" he says referring to my one and only friend.

"of course I know" the voice echoes through the restaurant. Xian walks up to me as we both hug. She was the opposite of me, she was pretty, tall, extroverted, had lots of friends and supporters. Her gaze was full of worry. She looked like she hadn't been able to sleep well. She looked down for a bit deep in thought, "y/n when this is all over can we talk?" she asks me holding my hand tightly. I give her a soft nod as we follow the boys to our location.  

_________ 

We had finished our food and we were now at the hotel room coming up with a plan on how to take my mother down. 

"Look i'm just saying Mrs. Fang is a deadly woman she won't take no for an answer" my dear friend tells the group. Hendery gives her a light scoff, "duh we know" Xian glares at him and turns her attention back to me. Minghao looks over the plan that Hendery had written on a piece of paper. "i think I can get us in her kingdom" he says after a careful examination of the plan. everyone waits for him in silence as he continues. "My buddy works for the company as an intern, im pretty sure he can get us in" he says with a more confident look in his face. Mark and Jeno give each other a highfive as the plan was beginning to go somewhere. 

We look at the TV screen in front of us as an ad with her face begins to play. They were advertising a live stream staring Fang Chu Hua where she was going to give advise to aspiring business people  aimed more towards young women. "bingo" Hendery says as Minghao begins to add that to the plan. 

The plan was simple, we sneak into the company and find the location of where the livestream was going to take place. We drive my mother away during the livestream and it should give us enough time for me and Hendery to expose all the shady things and the abuse my mother has put me through all these years. It was important that we also expose what happened to his parents and my father. 

A few hours later

Xian leads me to the pool, she had said she wanted to have some alone time as a way to make up for lost time. When we were younger my mother would try everything she could to drive her away from me. But Xian being the beautiful strong woman that she was never allowed that to happen. She saw through my mother when it seemed like no one could. 

We sit down by the pool, "y/n, i'm sorry" she begins playing with the water that was in front of her. "for what? you didn't do anything wrong" she forces a weak smile. "i'm saying that, I saw the abuse your mother was putting you through but I didn't do anything" she stops for a second trying to collect her thoughts. I hold her hand waiting for her to continue. "when i could have easily done something, but i was terrified" she says. I looked at her she was now crying. We both briefly hug, "I know but it's okay all of this happened for a reason" she gives me a soft nod. "so any news," she says now giving me a teasing smile. 

I smiled to myself, "there's this boy i like" her eyes go big as she nods her head up. "Hendery?" I shake my head no, as she frowns in disappointment. "His name is Renjun, but i'm not sure if I was to pursue him" she gives me a questioning look. "but you like him, so why not go for it" I hold her hand. 

Xian was like this, if she liked something she was going to face it head on. "I am a constant reminder of his trauma, so why would he want to be with me" I tell her. Her expression changed to a more sullen one. She understood what I meant by it. 

"If Renjun truly wants to be with you, he would face his fears. Love conquers all remember that" we stayed in each others arms for awhile until Hendery came in. 

"We have the plan ready" 

_

-

-

-

-

-

-

Thank you for reading. I'm so sorry for the lack of updates. Writer's block sure is real lol. Please do tell me what book do you want to primarily focus on.