Chapter 21 - The Meaning of a Hero

Start from the beginning

The last person in line was also a young woman with bright blonde hair. She wore a nun's robes and had a silver pendant held tightly in her hands as she silently prayed to the Goddess of Light and Mercy. Once she finished her prayer and opened her eyes, she revealed two pale orbs. An obvious sign of blindness, though she somehow was able to stare directly in Puck's direction and give him a bright smile.

And then there was him, glad in his own lightweight mail armor that the king has to generously gave him. Though he knew it was mostly for looks and to show the power of the quote on quote "hero". He couldn't deny the armor's stats though.

(The stats of the equipment and the armor/sword appearance will all be listed at the end of this chapter.)

But Puck couldn't help but question how the hell that old wolf got a hold of something like this?!

.....

And how he knew that he could wear something of it's caliber.

Puck looked the small group over before looking up at the king with a unsure look, only to receive a bright sadistic grin in return, causing a shiver to run up his spine.

He gulped heavily as he continued to walk forward. "I have a bad feeling about this....."

Puck will never understand what's going on in that old monster's head.
____________________________

A Few Hours Later~

"I knew I should've just stayed in bed this morning...." Puck groaned mentally to himself as he walked down a heavily wooded road with the same four people from the throne room.

The team had told him that he was to go to a nearby village that had just recently been attacked by a hoard of demons, and that these people would be his companions.

The big guy was the tank, his name was Brand.

The other guy in the team was an assassin, if that wasn't obvious enough. His name was Erin.

The mage of the team was the red haired woman, her name was Merideth.

The next up was the only other woman in the team, and the priest of this little ragtag group. Her name was Sister Abby.

And Puck was supposed to be the missing price of the puzzle, the swordsman. Although he felt more like a berserker than anything.

Puck honestly did have a problem with teaming up with them, actually he quite enjoyed the company.

The only problem is....

THEY WOULDN'T STOP FUCKING TALKING!

The continued to question him on what it was like to be a hero, and they'd answer their own question as their words fell on deaf ears.

The only person who was quiet the entire time was the assassin, which he was quite thankful for.

He just hoped it didn't take too much longer for them to reach where they were going....
____________________________

25 Minutes and One Agonizing Walk Later~

It didn't take long for them to reach their destination

Their mission was to investigate a town that went silent after a demon invasion,  eliminate any possible monsters that remain, and rescue any potential survivors.

But upon entering the village....

They soon realized the extent of the damage.

The group fell silent as they neared the entrance to village.