20

Chapter 20 – Shameless

Two cars left the neighbourhood at the same time, and Jungkook's Audi headed straight for the airport. Eunwoo’s Maserati, however, circled the block and drove right back in again.

Standing once again at the door to Lisa’s house, a sly smile spread over Eunwoo’s face — luckily, he had had a brainwave, and while Jungkook was talking on the phone, he had slipped Lisa’s keys into his pocket.

He dug out the door key from his pocket, opened the door as lightly as a thief, and put Lisa's keys back in their place.

Meanwhile, Jungkook waited at the airport for 20 minutes before finally spotting the person he was waiting for. "Auntie Zhao!" he called upon seeing a middle-aged woman in a light suit, not too loudly, but just enough to be heard. The woman pulling a black roller bag looked about upon hearing her name and immediately smiled to see Jungkook. "Jungkook, have you waited long?"

"Not at all," he replied, coming forward to help her in a very gentlemanly way. "My car is parked outside. Shall we?"

"Okay." Auntie Zhao followed him to the car and looked out the window with interest. "I haven't been back to the city for two years, and now I can't recognize it anymore. This place changes so fast. "

Though Jungkook didn't answer, her interest remained perked. "Are you very busy at the university?"
"Not too bad."
"I saw the paper you published a while ago in the magazine. I was thrilled.”
“Thank you.”

Auntie Zhao smiled. “You haven't changed at all since you were a kid.” She paused. “And how is your wife?”
He hesitated, then muttered, “She's fine."

Auntie Zhao smiled. "When I heard your mother say you got married, I got such a shock. You don't know about this, but she used to be really worried that you'd be lonely in your old age. Ai, what a good thing it was that our family's Wen Wen waited so long for you."

Auntie Zhao and Jungkook’s parents were colleagues. The two families lived in a compound and were rather close. Jungkook had shown himself to be excellent at an early age, and Auntie Zhao had already marked him out as a possible son-in-law. Alas, he had grown up too fast. Even before her Wen Wen had graduated highschool, he had already left to study abroad.

"Auntie Zhao, you're hilarious as always." Jungkook turned a corner in the road, no emotion in his voice. She knew what he was like, and didn't feel at all displeased. "Where are we going?"

"I've booked you a room at Grand Europe Hotel."

By the time Lisa woke, it was already seven o'clock in the evening. Her cramps had subsided, but she was starting to feel a little peckish. She lounged in bed for a couple minutes, then reluctantly left and walked to the kitchen.

The faint aroma of food wafted from the living room, and her brows lifted as she carefully glanced into the kitchen.

Eunwoo held a spoon in his hand, tasting the porridge. His head was slightly lowered, and his bangs swept over his eyelashes charmingly. It was a pleasing picture, and she could hardly bear to destroy it. After watching for a moment, she coughed and asked, "Eunwoo, you're still here?"

Hearing her voice, he lifted his eyes to her and smiled. "I thought you might be hungry when you woke, so I stayed to help you cook. Aren't you impressed?"

She smiled back, walking over to the pot to inspect the contents. It was porridge made with millet, eggs and brown sugar. "How did you know to make this?"

Eunwoo picked up his mobile phone, lying to one side, and waved it. "I asked the Internet."

Lisa nodded sincerely. He waved her off. "Go sit in the living room, food should be ready soon."