13

CHAPTER 13: BLIND DATE — FINALLY FINISHED MEETING CUTE FOOLS.

According to her mom’s numbering, he was the first candidate: the archaeology professor.

The professor looked older than Jungkook; Lisa estimated that he was in his late thirties. He introduced himself to her in a scholarly manner and then began to say, after realizing her circumstances, “I’ve heard that you’re teaching the fine arts. In my opinion, the fine arts and archaeology are one and the same; both are artistically inclined. What about you; are you interested in archaeology?”

Lisa replied, “Back when I was in high school, I read a book called 《The Missing Tomb. I was deeply invested in the scenes that the novel portrayed; thus, in university, I nearly declared as an archaeology major.”

The professor asked, “Why didn’t you?”

“Because my mom told me that archaeologists were all people who dug up the remains of other people’s graves.”

Professor: “…”

He muttered underneath his breath before saying, “The author of the book you’re talking about… it was Nanpai Dashu, right?”

Lisa looked at him in surprise. “You’ve read the novel too?”

The professor said, “That author was actually a student of mine. Due to failing an exam, he couldn’t continue studying in the same field anymore; thus, he switched professions and began writing books.”

Lisa: “…”

Professor, don’t you think you’re bragging a bit too much?
She stared at the professor for a second, before smiling and asking, “Nanpai Dashu is his pseudonym; since he was your student, surely you know what his real name is ?”
The professor covered his mouth and coughed. “Archaeology is a subject of great significance to mankind. Our team has excavated quite a lot of old tombs. In fact, we’re responsible for excavating several of the artifacts contained within Le Louvre’s Ancient Civilization’s Exhibit.”

Do you use an excavator to dig? Lisa looked at at the professor and laughed gently, before saying, “I’ve heard that pharaohs would curse people who desecrate their tombs. Are the members of your team alright?”
The professor replied, “The stories about being  cursed are complete nonsense. Egypt and France are both equally charming countries. Have you been to either of them?”

Lisa shook her head. “I haven’t.”

The professor regretfully said, “”That’s truly a pity. However, I go quite often; if there’s anything you’d like to know, don’t be afraid to ask.”
Lisa thought for a moment before asking, “Does the Seine River smell like the Nile?”

Professor: “…”

The professor quickly stood up, saying that he needed to research the Seine and the Nile’s water quality, after which he hurriedly left.

Half an hour later, the door to the coffee shop was pushed open once again. This time, the chairman entered, dressed in a well-ironed suit. His leather shoes had been polished until they shone brightly, while pomade had been liberally applied to his hair in order to subdue it. He was carrying a pure black briefcase and was emitting a dense aura of elitism.
He walked toward Lisa and sat down across from her. He then extended his hand and said, “You’re quite punctual, Miss Lisa. I like working with punctual people.”

Lisa: “…”

The chairman proceeded to open his briefcase and take out a thick, pure-black notebook. He laid it open on the table and then took out a golden fountain pen from his jacket pocket. He gracefully twisted the pen’s cap off to write with and asked Lisa, “What time do you normally wake up at?”