Chapter 12

Klaus requested that Y/N wait in the lobby as he went to room 598. 

Y/N sat on a sofa in the lobby, trying the process everything that had happened over the last hour when she felt a tap on her shoulder. 

"Y/N?" the voice of someone familiar asked. 

Y/N quickly turned around to see her dear friend.

"Violet? I'm so happy to see you!"

The two friends embraced each other, soon pulling away from the hug. 

"How have you been? What are you doing here?" Violet asked enthusiastically. 

"Well, after you guys were pulled from school, my parents revealed they were a part of V.F.D., so they started training me. They received a telegram from J.S., which is why we're here."

"Our parents are a part of V.F.D too!" Violet stated. 

"I know, the Quagmires must have been too. Anyways, where did you guys go after you left Prufrock Prep?"

"That's quite a long story, Y/N."

"I'll be delighted to listen." Y/N offered with a soft smile. 

Violet smiled back, knowing they had bigger things at hand. She looked ahead to see Klaus walking towards them, with a determined stride. 

She turned to Y/N. 

"Maybe another time, when all of this is over."

"Of course," Y/N stated. 

Klaus eventually reached the pair. 

"Ah, Violet, I see you've met Y/N." 

"I have, we've been catching up. Now, what did you find out?"

"It's wrong," Klaus stated. "It's all wrong. The hotel is full of people we know, but they can't all be part of V.F.D." 

"They could be from the other side of the schism as well," Y/N suggested. 

"They were all invited by someone with the initials J.S., but they each think J.S. is a different person. Vice Principal Nero said J.S. is someone that Ésme would know. Like her husband, Jerome Squalor." Violet added.

Vice Principal Nero was here? Y/N hoped that he didn't bring his violin with him. And as for Ésme, Y/N knew all about the sixth most important financial advisor in the city. The man in the sauna must have been Jerome, Y/N concluded. 

"But Jerome Squalor said J.S. is a woman who wants to help us." Klaus countered. 

"Mr. Poe's secretary is Jacqueline Scieszka. And, Babs thinks that J.S. is a sea captain." Klaus added. 

"One of Count Olaf's disguises was Captain Julio Sham," Violet suggested. 

Y/N internally sniggered, imagining Olaf as a sea captain. 

"But Count Olaf is disguised as Jaques Snicket," Klaus stated. 

Y/N realised she was thirsty. She was going to drink a tall glass of water when this was over, she thought. 

"There are other mysteries." Violet pondered out loud. 

"Why is Ésme planning a cocktail party, and what does Carmelita want with a harpoon gun?" 

"Did Frank or Ernest give me the fly paper? And who told Sunny to lock the laundry room door?"

 Why did I tell myself not to take my afternoon nap? I'm tired.

"Why is everyone watching the skies?" Violet questioned. 

"Elephant." Sunny babbled from the couch.