Chapter 6

"Let's check again, maybe the book is hidden somewhere among the shelves." Y/N thought out loud. 

"Yes, good idea. " Duncan responded as they reached the library, stopping in front of Ms. Caliban. 

"We know it's after hours, but were you able to find that book?" Isadora enquired. 

"I'm sorry, I know that you're desperate to get a hold of it." Ms. Caliban responded with a dull look.

"I couldn't find the book, so I poked around. It's not in any system. It doesn't exist." Ms. Caliban added with a bewildered expression on her face. 

Wait, what? It's a book about secret organizations, and it doesn't exist? 

She had an epiphany. 

What if the book was only given to the people in the secret organization? For example, her friends' parents and guardians? But which organization exactly?

She decided to keep those thoughts to herself for now. 

Her train of thought was brought to a sudden halt when the booming voice of Nero was heard. 

"WHO DARES NOT BE IN THE AUDITORIUM FOR MY RECITAL?"

"Principal Nero, the children just had a question about the library."

"Ms. Caliban, the library is closed until further notice by order of the gym teacher."

Y/N gasped. The library? Olaf couldn't close the library! He really was nefarious wasn't he? Who knew that a person whose name rhymes with pilaf could be so despicable? 

They were then ushered to the painfully long violin recital of Vice Principal Nero. She eventually dozed off, snoring loudly, her head placed on Isadora's shoulder. 

                                                       ━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━

The days only got worse. 

Whenever the Quagmire triplets and Y/N met the Baudelaires, they were completely exhausted. 

A burning hatred for Count Olaf ignited in Y/N. What kind of cruel man would treat children this way? 

On one particular day, the group sat in the cafeteria for lunch. 

Klaus and Y/N found themselves placed beside each other again. 

As Klaus sat down, he winced. It was from the number of laps he was running night after night. 

Y/N was the only one to have heard it and was immediately concerned. 

She turned towards Klaus with a worrisome expression and pulled out some chocolate from her pocket, which she always carried. 

"I know it's not much, but I've found that whenever I'm feeling down, chocolate always helps," Y/N said as she broke off a piece and handed it to Klaus. 

"It's probably the sugar rush" She added.

Klaus laughed and accepted the chocolate graciously. He twirled the piece of chocolate between his fingers and got lost in thought.  He admired that she was trying her best to make the situation a little better. It was one of her many qualities that he admired. He admired the determination she had to always help other people. He admired her kindness. He admired her intelligence. He admired how good she was at baking. Those chocolate chip cookies might have just been the best thing he'd ever tasted. He admired the way her eyebrows furrowed when she read a book. He admired the way she'd always roll her eyes every time Carmelita taunted him and his siblings. He admired the way she'd always tuck her hair behind her ears when she was focusing. 

"Um, earth to Klaus?" Y/N asked as she waved her hand in front of his face.

"Huh- Oh right I'm fine" He answered. 

Y/N wasn't convinced but decided to let it slide. 

As they were enjoying their lunch, Carmelita arrived at their table. She called the Baudelaires to Vice Principal Nero's office. 

Duncan, Isadora and Y/N exchanged questioning looks as the Baudelaires got up from the table.

Nero's office? Whatever for? Y/N questioned in her mind. 

                                                               ━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━

"THEY'RE MAKING YOU DO WHAT?" Y/N questioned loudly. She was furious. 

The Baudelaires had finished their meeting and had now met up in the shack again. The Baudelaires had shared that they were going to have to give tests in front of the whole school. They didn't even have time to prepare since they still had to do the S.O.R.E program. 

"I know, it's outrageous. I don't know how we'll manage." Violet said. 

She then took a ribbon from her pocket and tied her hair and thought for a moment with her eyes closed. She opened them back up with a determined look in her eyes. 

"I have a plan." 

"We're listening" Isadora spoke. 

                                                        ━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━

After getting all the necessary supplies, the group met up in the shack again. 

The plan was for Duncan and Isadora to disguise themselves and Violet and Klaus. They moulded metal rods to look like Klaus' glasses and took some fringes from a piece of clothing to look like Violet's bangs. They dressed up a bag of flour to look like Sunny. Isadora and Duncan would go in place of Violet, Klaus and Sunny to the S.O.R.E program at sundown while the Baudelaire siblings used that time to study for their exam the next day. Y/N would stay back in the shack and help them study.

 The plan was going to be tricky, they needed to execute it correctly.

At sundown, everybody wished each other good luck. Duncan, Isadora and the bag of flour departed to the athletic field. 

Then began the long study session with Violet, Klaus, Sunny and Y/N. 

                                                        ━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━

Four hours had passed.

Four hours of endless revising and asking each other questions. 

Y/N had prepared flashcards and written some color-coded notes to make it easier for the Baudelaires. 

Everybody was insanely tired and exhausted. 

Y/N slurred her words as she spoke, her eyelids half closed. "Okay Klaus, how long was the navy blue scarf?" 

She heard no response. 

"Klaus?"

She looked up from her notebook and looked over at the brunette boy. He was asleep. 

He looked peaceful as he slept. He looked adorable. 

But, as adorable as he looked, was she gonna sit here and let him fail? Hell no. 

She nudged him. Hard. 

He jolted, suddenly awake. "Huh-What- Yes the navy blue scarf was 22 centimeters." 

She turned to Violet, "What colors were the cows at the dairy farm?"

"Brown and-" Before she could finish her sentence, she had fallen asleep. 

Y/N shook her head with a chuckle. 

"You know what, just sleep, you guys are well prepared."

"Thanks for all your help Y/N, good night!" Klaus wished. 

"Thanks, Y/N" Sunny babbled. 

She smiled and wished them all a good night and returned to her dorm, sleeping as soon as her head hit the pillow.